Chapter 44 - All of Me

Erik's POV

Clarissa: Are you sure this will work?

Erik: Just jump, it should work.

Clarissa: Okay... God no I'm not jumping. Let's scrap the plan.

Erik: Not feeling courageous anymore? Here, hold on to me. Let's go together.

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow, looking between me and the height I proposed we jump from. She sighed and nodded. Clarissa clutched at the fabric of her black dress, a simple sleek design she changed into, while getting rid of the excess jewellery she was wearing to the party. We are currently on a mission to get out of the Manor hiding from its security, as proposed by Clarissa. Letting out a deep breath, she placed both her hands around my shoulder, holding me tight, and squinch her eyes as she said, "Hurry before I change my mind."

I couldn't help but smile at her adorable actions. I placed my hands around her thighs, to lift her up as she pulled up her legs and circled around my waist. I supported her weight with one hand and grabbed on to the silken fabric I tied over the window sill with another.

I felt her squirm and hug me tighter as I said, "Alright, here we go, on count of 1, 2,"

I jumped at 2 catching her off guard. We landed perfectly on my feet, the grass beneath softening the sound of impact. With a quick maneuver, I pulled out the long fabric and threw it behind a bush, while guiding Clarissa back on her feet.

"That, that was crazy. I never jumped off the fourth floor before." Clarissa whispered in amazement.

"Really? I'm happy I could still do things to amuse my lover who transcends time. I take that as a compliment."

She punched me in the shoulder, "You better note that trying to die is not the most amusing thing to me. You have to plan other things to keep me entertained."

"Oh? Let's see if I can manage to amuse you tonight, my love." I felt her link her arms with me when I said that. I slowly lead her towards the back exit. Beyond that a 4-minute walk took us to a small pond, where I had tied down my horse.

Clarissa: Oh my god no way! You prepared a horse for me! (she said half squealing and running towards the black mare)

Erik: I have to admit I can't take credit for that. I got him because I couldn't exactly walk all the way here. But yes, everything beyond this is exclusively for you. So, may I take you for a ride, milady?

I bent down and extended my right hand to her. She took it excitedly and almost dragged me to the horse. There was a little bounce to her steps showing her excitement, which was unbearably adorable. I helped her get on the horse and climb on after her. I wrapped my arms around her to get hold of the reins.

"Shall we?" I asked, leaning to her ear.

She took me by surprise by turning around quickly and giving me a small peck on the cheek. "Mhmm-mm". Her actions and little humming were all the affirmation I needed, as I took off and let the horse gallop through the empty roads, surrounded by wilderness on both sides. It was a full-moon night and the cool night breeze washed over us. I hugged Clarissa tighter, to let my heat keep her warm. If I weren't outside in public, I would have pulled away my mask. This was because despite the chill in the air, my face was burning warm since Clarissa decided to kiss my cheek. I'm sure I'm all red underneath the mask, and how couldn't I?

I took a turn down the creek so we wouldn't have to go through the small town but a less-treaded path amidst the flower fields. The white lilies swayed in the wind, basking in the moon light and filling up the air with its scent. Our ride was very silent, and I felt Clarissa's soft head turning in all directions, taking in the view.