𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 the back of the Maybank boys house to find him practising shooting his gun, "Hey, J

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 the back of the Maybank boys house to find him practising shooting his gun, "Hey, J." I greeted.

"Hey, pretty girl." He brought me into his strong arms, kissing the top of my head. He made me feel safe. "Where have you been?"

I shrugged, "Just my mom. I heard the gold wasn't there."

He nodded sadly, "Knew it was too good to be true."

I sighed in response speaking, "Did John B tell you that Sarah Cameron showed up at his house to talk to him about their little argument?"

"What?" He frowned in disbelief.

I nodded in response when I noticed Pope approaching. "JJ! They know."

"Chill bro, all right." He tried to calm his friend. "They don't know shit."

The Heyward boy must have seen my lost face. "Topper knows I sunk his boat."

I couldn't help the smile that came across my face. "You sunk Topper's boat? Who are you?" I asked in disbelief.

"Badass, apparently." JJ matched my face, holding onto the boy's shoulders. "How do you know they know?"

The dark-skinned boy started pacing, "Rafe and Topper posted outside of Heyward's and mad dogged me."

"Will you calm down and get a grip, man? They don't know shit." JJ tried to soothe him.

I shook my head, "There's no way they could know it's you."

"They have cameras. They could have seen me." He panicked.

Me and JJ both frowned, there was no electricity after the hurricane. "There was no power, Pope. How could they have seen you?"

The boy started to pace even more. "It's Figure Eight. They have generators. They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats. It's not a good look on my transcript."

The blonde boy stood up from his seat. "Enough of the regret, bro! They caved your face in."

"What?" I yelled, this was the first I had heard of it. However, I was ignored.

"They hit us, we hit them. It's the law of the jungle." JJ carried on. "Now, if any Kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to them, look them right in the eye and-"

"Deny the living shit out of it." Pope finished. Deny, deny, deny. Another thing that worked for getting out of jail.

"But just for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection." The boy spoke as he pointed to his gun.

𝐊𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐃 JJ, Pope and I to the OBX Outdoor Movie Theatre. None of us knew where John B was.

"I'm so glad they're still doing this." Kiara smiled. "Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. Aren't you glad I made you come?"