𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐁 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃 shouting around the porch still convinced his dad and my mom were with him last night

"John B, please." I yelled irritably, "They're not here."

He shook his head aggressively, "No, I'm not crazy. That's the boat, right there." He motioned to the end of the dock where a boat lay, "And they were both sleeping inside. Please believe me."

I ran a stressful hand through my hair until my mom's voice caught my attention, "Hell, I wouldn't believe him either." Phoebe called out as she rounded the corner with Big John.

I couldn't believe my eyes. My mom was alive. Riley immediately jumped up and ran straight into her arms but I was glued in my spot. Shock written all over my face.

"What the fuck?" I muttered under my breath.

"Where did you go?" John B questioned as my mom was the one to approach me and wrap me in her arms.

"I can't believe it." Riley breathed out, as the three of us all stayed in a group hug. Phoebe pulled one of her arms and held it out for JJ to join.

She smirked, "I always wondered when you two would get together. Welcome to the family, Maybank."

The boy chuckled as he joined the hug. The whole situation didn't feel real. All my favourite people in one hug. My mom was alive.

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 Sarah, Kie and Liv at the dock after the Cameron girl had called each of us, "So I went back to grab clothes and a phone and you're not gonna believe this." I nodded for her to continue, "Rafe is back.

Liv rolled her eyes, "Of course he is."

"Fuck," I muttered under my breath as I held my face in my hands.

"Yeah. I saw him at the house." The dirty blonde spoke up, "I don't think he saw me, but I think the cross is coming back to Wilmington tomorrow night."

"What?" Kiara breathed out, eyes wide.

"Yeah," Sarah nodded.

The Thompson girl asked, "Does Pope know?"

She shook her head, "No. I was gonna tell him at the Chateau."

"He can't. He's on lockdown." Kiara told us.

The blonde thought for a moment before speaking, "Okay, I'll hit up Pope, you two go to the Chateau to tell John B and Hayley do you know where JJ is?"

I bit my lip, "Yeah,"

"God, my parents are gonna kill me," Kie muttered before we parted ways as I went to find my boyfriend.

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 the Chateau for JJ to arrive. John B wasn't there so I waited on the porch for the blonde to arrive, "John B." He called out to his friend as he got off his bike.

"J," I spoke up once I realised he hadn't noticed me. He turned around at the sound of my voice and I sent a small smile his way.

He sighed, "John B not here?"

I shook my head, "No." I paused for a moment before speaking, "Rafe's back on the island." The Maybank boy huffed in response, "Sarah saw him."

"Spectacular." He said sarcastically, combing his fingers through his locks stressfully.

"It's not just that," I told him, "She overheard him saying that the cross is coming to Wilmington tomorrow night. I figured he must be trying to sell it."

"Does Pope know?" My boyfriend asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, Sarah went to tell him. He's on lockdown" I started, "I think he and John B went to get the Twinkie. They're off to God knows where."

The blonde boy rolled his eyes, "Of course. Right when we need them." He paused, "Wait, we know where the cross is gonna be. That means it's still on the field. So we can come in and swoop. We're still in this, Hales. We need to get everybody together and come up with a plan. We gotta get to Wilmington."

I chased after him as he made his way to his bike, climbing onto the back and setting off.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
xoxo