𝗍𝖾𝗇

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 the small window when I heard a car beep outside

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 the small window when I heard a car beep outside. I looked out to notice Kiara's truck parked and waiting on us. Olivia, who was sat in the passenger seat, sent me a small smile to which I didn't return.

I called out for my sister as we both left the house together. I clambered into the back and into my boyfriend's arms. He immediately pressed a sweet kiss to my forehead as the car started up.

"Where are we going now then?" Riley asked from beside me.

"We gotta go get the keys for the Phantom from my dad," JJ replied.

At the mention of Luke Maybank, my head snapped up in concern, "No." I denied, "No, you're not going back there."

He sighed, "I have to. I'll be in and out." He reassured but it didn't help, "I'll be okay, pretty girl, I promise." I breathed out heavily as we pulled up outside the house, "Home sweet home."

"Do you want me to come?" I asked, "Because I'll come."

He shook his head, "No, it will only take a second."

He pressed a small kiss to my lips before leaving the truck and heading inside. I sent him a reassuring smile until he was no longer in sight.

I glanced over to my sister who held a smug expression, "I was wondering when that was gonna happen."

I chuckled, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You and JJ," She smiled, "I knew it."

I looked away nervously, not being able to control my smile until he arrived back in the van, holding up the key.

"Everything okay?" I questioned.

He only sent me a small nod, bringing me back into his arms as the car started up again.

𝐈 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃 𝐉𝐉 into the warehouse where the Phantom was kept. His smile grew at the sight of the boat, "There she be. A 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom." He spoke proudly before turning to us, earning a shrug in response, "The first boat to make a run to Bermuda in under sixteen hours. Forty years old. Forty. And it's still the fastest thing that Kildares ever seen."

Kiara grimaced, "It's kind of a junker."

He turned to the girl in shock, "Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you. Let's just put it this way, y'all would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed."