𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐁'𝐒 death, I had changed

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐁'𝐒 death, I had changed. I was not the same person that I was before. The shock of losing him really affected me. I missed him a lot. Not that I would show it much.

It felt like my world had shattered into a million pieces. His absence left a void in my heart that seemed impossible to fill. Every day, I would wake up hoping it was just a bad dream, but the reality hit me like a ton of bricks. It was as if a part of me was missing, and I struggled to find my footing in a world that suddenly felt so empty. But amidst the pain, I still had my boyfriend and my sister.

We had carved out a heart in the tree trunk with John B imprinted. Each of us buried something that reminded us of him.

And today was the first day of school. I didn't want to go but Riley convinced me. We had both been staying at the Chateau with JJ or he would stay with us at our house.

I clambered out of Kiara's truck, falling into my boyfriend's body. There hadn't been a day since he died that I wasn't intoxicated. Today, my eyes were bloodshot and I was very out of it.

"Chill out," Kiara spoke up, noticing the state I was in.

I ignored her comment, not fully hearing her anyway as I leaned further into the blonde who had his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

The crowd soon enough erupted in whispers at the sight of us and we immediately noticed a memorial for John B in the centre. It has a surfboard with his name and flowers. It was nice of them to do, but not something I was prepared for seeing that morning.

"I feel like people are staring at us." The curly-haired idk spoke as she glanced around.

JJ nodded in agreement as I turned around in annoyance to face the crowd, "Yes, hello. We're here. Move on." I yelled, causing their heads to turn away from us and back to their previous conversations.

"I've gotta get to class," Pope said before making his way through the double doors.

"Come on pretty girl." The boy spoke encouragingly, pressing a small kiss to my cheek.

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐓 in the back of history class with mg knees pulled up to my chest as I doodled through my workbook. I hated history before and recent situations only made me hate it even more. I yawned boredly, earning a glare from my teacher before my phone buzzed from the table.

Strangely, JJ, Kiara and Pope's seemed to have got a notification as well, "Whose phone was that?" My teacher asked, "Nobody? You will be tested. Now, to recap, who was Diocletian?"

I glanced over to my boyfriend who sat in the chair opposite me. I picked up my phone to see the four of us, plus Liv and Riley, added to a group chat with an unknown number.

My heart began to race at the unknown. I hid my phone between my legs to open the message.

The blonde boy crept over from his desk to mine so he could stand behind me. We both opened the message to reveal a photo of John B and Sarah. Very much alive. I silently gasped at the sight, unsure of what to think.