𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 set on a sombre evening, my heart ached for Sarah

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 set on a sombre evening, my heart ached for Sarah. Ward's death had me going through a whirlwind of emotions. Yes, I hated him and I'm happy he's gone but I can't help but feel for the Cameron girl. She had left earlier in the day after ending things with John B.

"I don't get it." The Routledge boy spoke up quietly, "I don't."

I frowned, "John B, you need to give her time." I told him, "Her father blew up in front of her face and I know Ward is a terrible person but it's still her dad."

The brunette sat up from where he was lying in the boat so he could see me, "Why are you taking her side?" He huffed.

I scoffed, "I'm not taking anyone's side, I'm just saying give her a little bit of time."

Pope sighed from beside me as he also lay in the boat, "Love is five minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of pain."

My eyes went wide at his words as John B spoke, "Wow."

I smirked at the boy, "Who knew you were such a poet?"

"So, okay, you and Kie. What's going on? Talk to us." John B said as he turned to face the Heyward boy. I pulled JJ's hoodie closer to my body as the wind had now picked up.

Pope shrugged, "Well, she just wants to be friends."

"Deathblow." The brunette boy muttered, "I'm sorry, man."

"I didn't even see it coming." He sighed, throwing his arms up in the air.

I sent the boy a sympathetic smile although my heart was stinging a little, "I'm sorry, Pope. Don't worry, there's plenty of girls out there. I know someone is gonna love you for you."

The Heyward boy sent me a grateful smile as the others came down to the dock, "Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato two!" JJ chanted as he threw a beer in my direction.

The contents spilt over the boat as the can slipped out of my grasp, "Impressive catch." The curly-haired girl teased.

My jaw dropped, "Hey, that's a waste."

"Here." Pope spoke up, handing me the beer that was passed to him, "Have mine."

"Thanks," I muttered, surprised by the gesture.

"What are you guys doing out here?" JJ questioned, "You two having a good cry?"

"Cry?" John B laughed off his comment, "Cry? We don't cry."