𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐓 in my history class with my knees pulled up to my chest

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐓 in my history class with my knees pulled up to my chest. I was in a test and I had only completed about five of the questions but I didn't really care. A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts as I lifted my head up, "Mr Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?" The man questioned.

My teacher stood from his seat and approached him, "We're in the middle of a test."

"I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation." He said, hoping that he would be able to speak to Pope.

Mr Sunn smiled, "Mr Heyward, it's for you."

I frowned when the boy made his way outside. I could see Kie looking over at me with a questioning look on my face but I only shrugged in response.

It wasn't long until the dark-skinned boy entered the classroom again, "What was that?" I whispered to him.

He didn't say anything but he did hold up an envelope but I couldn't see properly from my seat at the back. "Is that the wheat symbol?" I heard Kiara ask.

"What the fu-" JJ started but cut himself off when he saw our teacher's eyes go wide. "Fudge." He trailed off. I giggled at my boyfriend's words, him sending me a playful glare in response.

𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 of class, we all followed Pope into the library, "Is this a game of tag?" JJ spoke sarcastically when the Heyward boy hadn't said a word. "Am I gonna have to beat you with your protractor? What is going on?"

I rolled my eyes at the woman at the front desk as she shot us dirty looks, "Seriously, Pope, you are driving me insane."

The dark-skinned boy sat down in the seat by a computer, "Okay, so that guy was from the scholarship committee. Look at this." He said, handing us the letter.

It was handed to me but I frowned, "Out loud." Kie spoke, noticing how I hadn't said anything.

I looked down embarrassed, "I'm dyslexic."

The curly-haired girl took the letter from me to read it aloud, "Dear Mr Heyward, I am reaching out because I have material evidence that can exonerate John B Routledge." My head snapped up at the sound of his name, "It is of vital importance that you come and meet with me in person at my offices at 27 King Street, Charleston at 8:00 p.m. sharp tonight. Please come alone. Regards, C Limbrey."

"Charleston?" I scoffed.

Pope frowned, "It's like an eight-hour drive plus the ferry. How will we get there tonight?"

"We need to leave right now," I told them.

"I have a free period." Kie shrugged.

"Material evidence?" My brother frowned, "What does that even mean?"

Kiara spoke sharply, "It means he can clear John B."

"Oh, shit." She smiled. "Then we're going to Charleston."