Epi - 12 Heartbreak

Happy Early Valentine's Day! <3 I hope your day goes better than Tim's did. I almost saved this epi to publish on V-day but I really want to get through Season 1 soon so onward we press! Don't forget to like and comment! :) 

............................................................................

I was surprised when Isabel called and requested I come up to the rehab center on Valentine's Day. I almost didn't go, but she said she would call when she was ready and maybe this meant it wasn't the end for us. Why else would she want to see me on this day specifically?

So, I took a personal day off from work, dooming Chen to front desk duty for the day, and took a little over an hour to drive up to see Isabel. I was so nervous. It had only been a couple of weeks since I had seen her, but it felt like it had been years. 

When I arrived, I sat in my car in the parking lot for a few minutes psyching myself up to go in and see her. I didn't know what to expect and that made me more nervous. Irrationally, I wished Lucy was here to be a buffer, she understood all this psychological stuff but I knew that was unrealistic and I needed to get out of this car and go talk to Isabel.

Finally mustering up the courage to get out of the car, I walked to the entrance of the rehab center through their garden pathway. I found Isabel waiting for me under the garden arbor that marked the entrance to the gardens on site. I was surprised when I saw her, she actually looked healthy, and happy even.

I went up the steps to greet her. Standing in front of her this almost didn't feel real, like I was having a dream. 

"Hi," she smiled at me, and I returned a smile of my own. "I didn't think you'd come."

"Yeah, I almost pulled a U-turn. Twice." I laughed lightly. She smiled shyly.

"Glad you didn't," she said and I realized she actually had a little bit of makeup on, and I remembered how beautiful she is.

"You look great," I complimented her. I was glad I came, seeing her like this was worth it.

She nervously played with her hair. "For someone who got shot in the head," she said.

"No," I hadn't even been thinking about that, "I-I mean you look like you again." I clarified. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

She sighed, "The beginning was really tough, but it would have been worse if I didn't already go through withdrawal in the hospital."

"I'm proud of you for seeing it through." I smiled. I was really happy for her.

"You didn't think I would," she replied. 

I hesitated in answering, "No, but I hoped I was wrong." I'm glad that I was wrong.

"Yeah, well, I thought about leaving every day," she said.

I was confused, "What made you stay?"

"I found something I wanted more than a fix. For you to see me sober," she explained.

"Well, I guess my job here is done." I joked and turned to walk back to my car. "See ya."

Isabel laughed, and it was a genuine, real laugh. I felt good to hear that coming from her again. I felt like we went back in time and I was finally seeing my Isabel again, not the one that got lost. 

"Come on," she nodded and we started walking down the pathway together.

"So what now?" I asked as we walked along, she was the one that asked me here.

"Well, we need to talk about some uncomfortable things. Things that I did to you."

"I don't want to talk about that stuff," I complained, I wanted to talk about her recovery and what we were doing going forward.