Getaway Car

"While he was runnin' after us, I was screamin', "Go, go, go!" But with three of us, honey, it's a sideshow, and a circus ain't a love story, and now we're both sorry..."

Madripoor is every bit as chaotic as Zemo described.

A vaguely acidic smell fills your nostrils as you step out onto the bridge that leads to a grimy bar with a large, flickering neon sign hanging above the entrance.

"Hey," you greet at three menacing men standing on the side of the road. You nod to another woman, who stands twirling a knife in her hand, "Good to see you again."

"What are you doing?" Sam hisses under his breath, pulling you away from the random strangers you're greeting.

"What? I'm blending in!"

"Well, stop it!"

You roll your eyes at Sam and continue walking the length of the road. And though Bucky is now fully immersed in his role as the Winter Soldier, he spares you a fleeting glance to check if you're okay.

You nod ever so slightly, following right behind Zemo into the bar.

Zemo throws the door open, entering the bar like this is his domain, his most natural element.

The bar is packed, filled with people who put Bucky's cold stare to shame.

You can feel eyes on you four the moment you enter the bar.

And because Zemo has yet to tell you exactly what role you're to play tonight, you're unsure if you're supposed to shrink under the scrutiny or bear it with a head held high like Sam.

The second you hear the whispers as you walk by, you're certain it doesn't even matter.

No one's looking at you.

They're all looking at Bucky.

"Is that the Winter Soldier?" you hear someone murmur.

You hear more hushed whispers, echoes of awe and fear about the infamous Winter Soldier as you walk towards the center of the establishment, straight for the bar.

You can't help but feel for Bucky. Even now you flinched when someone even said the word asset in your presence. You can't imagine being reduced to a mere weapon ever again, but here Bucky is, doing it flawlessly.

"Hello, gentleman," the bartender gruffly greets. The bartender looks at Sam for a moment, "Wasn't expecting to see you here tonight, Smiling Tiger."

"His plans changed," Zemo interjects on Sam's behalf. "We have business with Selby."

The bartender's eyes shift around the room, making eye contact with another unfamiliar man. Then, without a word to the unknown messenger, the bartender turns back to Sam. "The usual?"

Sam nods once and your eyes scan the room as the bartender makes his mysterious drink.

In the sea of people staring at your ragtag group, you watch as the unfamiliar man disappears to alert someone of your arrival.

You turn back to the bar just in time to see the snake in the bartender's hand being sliced open.

"Ah," Zemo smirks as Sam's snake venom drink gets placed in front of him. "Smiling Tiger, your favorite."

"One for the lady?" the bartender asks, but you immediately notice that he doesn't actually ask you, his head cranes over you directing the question at Zemo.

Zemo's hand reaches out to clutch your bicep to pull you closer to his side. His grip is firm, borderline painful as Zemo unknowingly agitates your injury. "No. None for the asset."