Chapter 3: Sarcasm and Survival

Noah and Cody had been surviving in the woods for almost a week now, and things were starting to get a little tense. They were running low on supplies, and Noah's sarcastic wit wasn't making the situation any better.

"Well, this is just great," Noah said, as they huddled under a makeshift shelter. "Stuck in the middle of nowhere with no food and no idea how to get out of here. What could be better?"

Cody rolled his eyes. "I'm glad you're keeping such a positive attitude, Noah."

Noah chuckled. "What can I say? It's just such an amazing day today."

But despite the sarcastic banter, they both knew they were in a difficult situation. They had to find food and water, and quickly.

The next morning, they set out to find a source of food. After hours of searching, they finally stumbled upon a berry bush. Noah eagerly reached for the berries, but Cody stopped him.

"Wait, those might be poisonous," Cody said, frowning.

Noah raised an eyebrow. "Well, if we don't eat them, we'll starve to death. So, I guess we'll just have to take our chances."

Cody reluctantly agreed, and they both took a few bites of the berries. To their relief, they were sweet and juicy.

"Well, I guess I owe you an apology," Cody said, smiling. "These berries are delicious."

Noah smirked. "You know what they say, gaps. Always trust the sarcastic guy."

Cody rolled his eyes and threw some of the berries at Noah. "Shut up,"

"Don't waste our food!"

They spent the next few days gathering food and water and trying to find a way out of the woods. But every time they thought they had found a way out; they were met with another dead end.

Noah's POV

It was starting to get harder and harder, though as the days went by, Cody and I grew closer.

Despite the challenges, though, I couldn't help but enjoy the time I was spending with Cody. We laughed, talked, and helped each other through the tough times. And even though I wasn't ready to admit it, I was starting to develop feelings for him. But I wasn't sure if he felt the same way, and I didn't want to risk ruining our friendship. So, I kept my feelings to myself, and we continued on our journey, determined to make it to the island.

400 Words