Chapter 12: Forgiveness?

Noah POV

I was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling feeling so hurt at Cody's words, when I heard a knock at the door. I sighed and sat up, knowing it was probably Cody coming to apologize for yesterday. I rubbed my eyes and tried to shake off the grogginess before making my way over to the door. I swung it open, ready to give Cody a piece of my mind, but before I could even open my mouth, he spoke first.

"Hey, Noah, I'm sorry about yesterday," he said, his voice soft and apologetic. "I didn't mean what I said, I was just upset."

"Oh, well that makes it all better," I replied, my tone dripping with sarcasm. "You can't just go around hurting people's feelings and then say sorry and expect everything to be okay."

"I know, I know," he said, looking down at his feet. "I just...I don't know what's going on with me and Gwen. I thought it would be a good idea to spend time with her, but it's just not working out like I thought it would."

"And what does that have to do with me?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I don't know," he admitted. "I just...I feel like I'm losing you, and I don't want that to happen."

I let out a deep sigh and shook my head. "Cody, you're not losing me. I'm right here. But if you want to be with Gwen, that's your choice. I can't force you to feel a certain way."

"I know," he said, looking up at me with pleading eyes. "I just...I don't know what I want right now."

"Well, figure it out," I said, turning to walk back to my bed. "Because I can't help you with the things you want. I know what I want, and that's for you to leave me alone right now."

Cody stood there for a moment longer, looking like he wanted to say more, but eventually he just turned and walked away. And that was the last conversation we had for the rest of the day.

I had pushed our beds back to their original place, lying down on mine, trying to get some sleep. Not long after, Cody sneaked into the room and went to his bed. He sighed softly and lied down as well. I tried to ignore his soft whimpers i could hear every now and then.

I can't even lie to myself.

I miss him.

And even though his words hurt, I still like him.

397 words