Chapter 10: Hiding my true feelings

Cody POV

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping, feeling a sense of excitement for the day ahead. Today, I was going to spend some time with Gwen. I knew I had to pretend to be head-over-heels for her, even though she was clearly not interested in me. It was the only way I could hide my true feelings for Noah.

I quickly got dressed and headed out to the beach where Gwen was waiting for me. As soon as she saw me, she gave me a warm smile and we started walking together. We talked about the island, the challenges, and the other contestants. I tried my best to act interested in everything she was saying, but my mind kept drifting back to Noah.

Every time I glanced in his direction, I could see him scowling at me. He was obviously jealous, but I had to keep pretending that I was into Gwen. The last thing I wanted was to out myself or make him uncomfortable.

We spent the whole day together, playing volleyball, exploring the island, and even going for a swim. It was a fun day, but it was also one of the hardest days I've had to pretend. Every time Gwen touched me or leaned in close, I had to fight the urge to pull away and run back to Noah.

By the time the day was over, I was exhausted from all the pretending. As I walked back to our room with Noah, I could feel his eyes on me the whole time. When we finally got back, I turned to face him, ready to explain everything. But before I could say a word, he spoke up first.

"So, you're into Gwen now?" he asked with a sarcastic tone.

"Hell yeah. She's so awesome" I replied, trying to sound casual. "She's so pretty too,"

Noah rolled his eyes and sighed. "Whatever you say, Code-Miester," he said, sounding more sarcastic than usual. "But just so you know, I'm not buying it for a second."

With that, he turned and walked away, leaving me alone with my thoughts and my conflicting emotions. I knew I had to keep pretending for now, but I also knew that I couldn't keep this up for much longer.

371 words