Chapter 7: Awkward morning

Noah POV

I woke up to a warm and cozy feeling, and for a moment, I felt so comfortable that I didn't want to move. But as I opened my eyes, I realized that I was cuddled up close to Cody. Exactly what I didn't want to happen. My heart started racing as I remembered that we had pushed the beds together last night.

"Oh my God," I muttered to myself, quickly trying to get out of bed and put some distance between us.

Cody woke up, startled at my sudden movements, looking around in confusion. "What's going on?" he asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Nothing, nothing," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "We just overslept, that's all."

Cody nodded, looking a little flustered himself. "Yeah, I guess we did," he said, getting out of bed.

We quickly got dressed and headed down for breakfast, both of us trying to avoid talking about what had happened earlier. As we sat down at the table, I could feel the tension between us, and I knew that I needed to break the ice.

"So, how did you sleep last night?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

Cody shrugged. "It was okay," he said. "How about you?"

"It was good," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "Thanks for asking."

We continued to make small talk over breakfast, but I could tell that we were both still feeling a little tense. And as we finished our meal and headed back to our room, I knew that we needed to talk about what had happened earlier.

"Cody," I said, turning to face him. "About what happened this morning..."

Cody sighed and looked at me. "I know, Noah," he said. "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

I nodded, grateful for his understanding. "Thanks, Cody," I said. "I just needed a little space, that's all."

As the day went on, the tension between Cody and I slowly started to ease. We spent the day exploring the island, and as we walked and talked, I found myself feeling more and more comfortable around him. That is, until I remembered that we had cuddled that morning and I realised we needed to talk about it before we actually ruin something between us.

"Cody, can we talk about this morning?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

Cody looked at me, a little surprised. "Sure, Noah," he said. "What's on your mind?"

"Well, about us cuddling this morning," I said, feeling a little nervous. "I was just wondering how you feel about it. You know, because cuddling with your best bud is not exactly a normal thing to do."

Cody chuckled. "I know, right?" he said. "But to be honest, I didn't mind it. I actually found it kind of nice."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really?" I asked, feigning shock. "I thought you were going to say it was the worst thing that ever happened to you."

Cody laughed. "No, not at all," he said. "I mean, we're friends, right? And friends can cuddle if they want to."

I nodded, my sarcasm in full swing. "Of course, why wouldn't we want to cuddle? I mean, it's not like we have anything better to do on this island."

Cody chuckled. "Yeah, I guess you're right," he said. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay with it, since you're usually so uptight about everything."

I grinned. "Uptight? Me?" I asked. "Never. I'm just a ray of sunshine, always looking on the bright side."

Cody rolled his eyes, but I could tell he was amused. "Sure, Noah," he said. "A ray of sunshine, that's exactly what you are."

And with that, we both settled into our beds, this time cuddled up next to each other, both of us feeling a sense of comfort and contentment.

It was still kind of odd to be this close with the person I have feelings for. I've never really had a crush on anyone before, so I wasn't sure if the weird feeling in my stomach was me being nervous around Cody, or just wanting to puke.

667 words