Chapter 11: The fight

Cody POV

I've been trying to hide my feelings for Noah for what feels like forever. I've been spending more and more time with Gwen, trying to convince myself that I like her instead.

Today was no different, Gwen and I were at the beach playing games and having a picnic. I was trying my hardest to focus on her, to pretend that my heart wasn't racing every time I thought of Noah.

"Cody, is everything okay?" Gwen asked, noticing my distraction.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I lied. "Just a little tired today."

Gwen seemed to accept my answer and we continued our day at the beach. But as soon as I saw Noah and a few of our friends hanging out by the pool on my walk back to our room, I knew my day was about to get a lot more complicated.

"Hey guys," I said, approaching the group.

Noah looked up at me and our eyes met. My heart started racing and I quickly looked away, pretending to be interested in something else.

"What's up, Cody?" Noah asked, his tone cool and collected.

"Not much, just hanging out with Gwen today," I replied, trying to sound casual.

Noah nodded, but I could feel his eyes on me the entire time. The tension between us was palpable, and I knew it was only a matter of time before we exploded.

Sure enough, a few minutes later, the argument started. I can't even remember what set Noah off, but soon we were shouting at each other, the anger and frustration boiling over.

"Im not gay like you! I actually like girls!" I yelled, finally losing my cool.

Noah's eyes widened in shock, and for a moment, the world seemed to freeze. And then, just as suddenly, the fight was over and we were both walking away from each other, the tension between us still palpable.

Noah went back to our shared room, and I just sat by the pool, feeling so guilty. 

What have I done?

322 words