Chapter 13: Forgiveness.

Cody's POV

As I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling, I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to finally tell Noah how I felt. I had been trying to hide it for too long, pretending to like Gwen, but it was all for nothing and I was hurting Noah in the process. I needed to be honest with him and with myself.

So, I summoned the courage to confront him. "Noah," I said, trying to steady my voice. "We need to talk."

Noah turned to me; one eyebrow raised in sarcastic curiosity. "Oh? And what could we possibly have to talk about?"

I took a deep breath and just said it. "I like you, Noah. I have for a while now. I know it's not exactly what you expected, but I needed to tell you."

Noah stared at me for a moment, his expression unreadable. Then, he let out a laugh. "Well, that's a first," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "A guy pretending to like a girl just to confess his feelings to another guy."

I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment. "I didn't mean to hide it," I said, looking down at my hands. "I was just scared."

Noah's expression softened, and he placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, Cody," he said. "I understand. And to be honest, I feel the same way."

My heart leapt with hope, but it was quickly crushed as Noah continued. "But I can't be with you yet. I need more time. I'm still hurt from what happened, and I need to figure things out."

I nodded, understanding his perspective. "I'll wait for you, Noah," I said, looking into his eyes. "Take as much time as you need. I'll be here."

Noah smiled softly, nodding. "Thank you, Cody." He whispered before going back to bed. A few minutes of silence went by before Noah spoke again.

"And by the way? I forgive you,"

315 words