Chapter 15: A Total Drama Smooch-tastrophe

Noah POV

As I was sitting next to Cody on the bed, watching the new episode of Total Drama Island, I couldn't help but feel a strange fluttering in my chest. It was as if my heart was trying to tell me something, but I was too busy being stubborn to listen.

Cody was laughing at something that was happening on the screen, and I found myself leaning my head on his shoulder. It felt natural, like I was meant to be there, and for a moment, I let myself relax and enjoy the moment.

However, as soon as I realized what I was doing, I quickly sat up, trying to play it cool. Cody must have noticed, because he looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

"What's wrong, Noah?" he asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Nothing," I replied, trying to keep my voice steady. "I just, uh, thought I heard something."

Cody raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything else, instead turning his attention back to the TV. But I couldn't focus on the show anymore, not with Cody so close to me and my heart pounding in my chest.

So, I did something completely uncharacteristic of me - I leaned in and pressed my lips to Cody's in a quick, awkward kiss. As soon as I did it, I pulled away, completely flustered.

"What the hell, man?" I said, trying to make a joke of it. "I must have caught the love bug or something."

Cody's face turned red, but he didn't look away from me. Instead, he grabbed my hand and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Noah," he said, his voice serious. "Do you still like me?"

I could feel the heat in my cheeks as I hesitated. This was not something I was used to talking about, let alone admitting. But as I looked into Cody's eyes, I knew I had to be honest.

"Yeah," I said, finally. "I do. I really do."

Cody's face lit up, and he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I was momentarily stunned, but then I found myself hugging him back, feeling the weight of my feelings lift off my shoulders.

"I'm ready to be in a relationship with you, Cody," I said, smiling as I pulled away. "If you're ready to put up with my sarcastic wit, that is."

Cody just laughed and hugged me again, and I knew, without a doubt, that this was the start of something actually beautiful.

405 words