Chapter 9: Crushing confusions.

Cody's POV

I was just starting to doze off when I heard a knock on the door. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, wishing I could just stay in bed all day. But then I heard Noah mumble something about getting the door, so I decided to let him handle it.

When I sat up and looked towards the door, I saw a girl with dark dyed hair standing there. She was beautiful. And for some reason, I felt an instant attraction towards her.

"Hey, I'm Gwen. I just wanted to come say hello. I just got voted off," she said with a warm smile.

Noah gave her a nod and a small smile, but I could tell he wasn't really interested in talking to her.

"I'm Cody, but you can call me Code-Miester," I said with a smirk, sitting up straight and trying to sound as charming as possible. "It's nice to meet you, Gwen."

Gwen's smile grew wider and she leaned against the doorframe. "It's nice to meet you too, Code-Miester. So, what are you guys up to today?"

Noah started to say something, but I quickly cut in. "I was actually thinking of taking a walk around the island. Would you like to join us, Gwen?"

Her face lit up and she nodded eagerly. "Sure, I'd love to."

I got up from my bed and walked over to her, feeling a rush of excitement. I didn't know why I was suddenly so interested in Gwen, but I couldn't deny the feelings I was having.

As we walked down the hall, I couldn't help but notice Noah's pouty expression. I didn't know if he was just tired or if he was upset about me talking to Gwen. But either way, I couldn't let him know how I really felt. Not yet.

So, I did the only thing I could think of. I put on my best smile and continued my conversation with Gwen, trying to ignore the nagging voice in the back of my mind that was telling me I was making a huge mistake.

336 Words