∞2

GARAM POV

GARAM POV

I stared at the bag. 

Taeyong: You can count it.

I looked at Chenle who took the bag and did a quick check before nodding at me. I nodded as well and looked back at Taeyong.

Garam: Very well Taeyong. Come on.

I led him to my lab and turned to him. Hyora handed him a briefcase.

Taeyong: What's this?

Garam: After you have specified the time and place you want me to start the job at, you will go back to your house and go to sleep after injecting the serum inside. It will help you forget whatever has happened now and those memories will be replaced by memories caused by the shift in the past.

Taeyong: And you? How will anyone know what happened to you?

I nodded my head to the others before answering him.

Garam: They will keep a track of my vitals through a device that will be inserted into my arm. If they lose my readings they will check my memory.

Taeyong: You can do that?

Garam: Taeyong I built a time machine with them... what really is impossible anymore?

Taeyong: ... yeah.

Garam: How long do I have to stay there?

Taeyong: Around 5 and a half months.

Garam: Exact time.

Taeyong: 5 months 12 days.

Garam: Alright. Now go home and insert the serum exactly at 7. By then we will be ready. And you should be awake in less than an hour after you sleep. By then... you will be a different you. Now... what time and place?

Taeyong: 2 and a half years back. 13th July of 2021. This is the exact spot you need to appear. 

He handed me a paper and i looked at the address before handing the paper to Boram, who took it and headed to the monitors

Garam: Alright Taeyong. Remember exactly at 7 PM you should have the serum and be asleep. 

He nodded and looked at the briefcase before looking back at me.

Taeyong: Garam, I...

I could tell that he wanted to say so much, but I knew better than to listen.

Garam: Just go Taeyong.

I said and turned away from him. I bit my lip as i made some final settings on a screen. Soon i heard him leave. After he was gone the lab turned silent.

Garam: Boys...

They turned to us as we handed all of them a briefcase of their own. 

Jisung: Why are you giving this to us?

Garam: If I am going to be fixing what happened between Taeyong and you guys, there is a chance that you would have never met me in the changed present. So I need you all to go back home and inject yourself to sleep.

The boys stared at me in shock.

Haechan: How didn't I think of that...

Jaemin quickly shook his head as if he couldn't accept this idea.

Jaemin: Noona, cancel the deal. We can't just forget you.

I smiled sadly.

Garam: We can't hold back now Jaem... and I will miss you all.

Jeno: No. I am not doing it. 

He dropped the briefcase. Hyora flinched and yelped. The vial of the serum would have broken by now. Jaemin and Haechan dropped theirs too. I looked at them. But they seemed as determined as ever.

Garam: Fine. But Chenle and Jisung, you both don't have a choice.

Chenle: Wh-

Garam: You both have to. You have your entire college year ahead of you. The last thing i need you to be suffering is from side effects. 

Jisung: but noona-

Chenle: She is right.

The two got teary and i couldn't help but pull them into a hug. It soon turned into a huge group hug. 

I smiled one last time before completely separating myself from them.

Garam: Go on. 

They seemed hesitant but with some final goodbyes they left.

---

An hour passed and it was around 15 minutes before the clock strikes 7. I took a deep breath. For this, i had to go on a 10 hour fast, feeding on only water. 

Hyora: Unnie... we can still say no.

I shook my head.

Garam: This money could get us anywhere. Is the money in the room too?

Everyone nodded.

Garam: Now remember. Till i am back you guys cannot leave this room. It will only harm you more.

This was because this room would not be shifting despite the time shift. So the money will stay and all of their memories will stay. 

They nodded and i took a deep breath.

I took off my jacket. I had to be in the least amount of clothing for a smooth transfer. So now i only wore a simple t-shirt and jeans. 

Boram: Alright... you will be in there for 5 months and over here we expect the sim to finish in around 48 minutes. 

I nodded as she led me into the machine. It was a huge and wide clear tube. She connected me to a wire. 

Boram: You won't die.

She said as she injected me with a serum.

Garam: I won't.

She put the injection away and looked at me. I saw her give me a shaky smile before quickly pulling her into a hug as my vision got hazy. 

Boram: I will see you in an hour, Garam.

I could only whimper as my body went numb. Boram's warmth left me as she stepped out. I heard the door slide close and soon i heard Hyora's voice.

Hyora: The others have confirmed that they have taken the serum. 

I started panting and sweat beaded on my forehead.

Hyora: Beginning the time shift in 3... 2... 1-

The next second my world went black.

I am excited!