∞17

GARAM POV

GARAM POV

I opened my eyes to find myself in the tube. And i was mid-air. But the next second i crashed on the floor of the machine, catching the other's attention.

Haechan: Noona!

The opened the door and helped me up. I didn't have that numb pain anymore. It was like i never got shot. But i passed a hand underneath my shirt and felt a scar.

Jeno: You did it...

Boram: We all had a blank out for a second. We still have the original memories, but...

Jaemin: Even the changed past ones are there... and its a mess.

Hyora: Well mine didn't really change.

Garam: It wouldn't... Us finding you was never affected by NCT.

She nodded.

Jeno: Noona... shouldn't you go meet Doyoung hyung?

Hyora: I heard that name somewhere...

But i just shook my head.

Garam: i can't... But about that... you three need to leave.

Haechan: What? No!

Garam: You need to. I changed the past. The mafia group never broke up. You need to go back to them and don't tell them you saw me. I promise you... when the time comes i will come meet you. All of you. Even Renjun, Jisung and Chenle. So trust me... you three need to go. 

They shared looks.

Jaemin: Promise us you will come back.

Garam: i will... but you need to go now boys. They might start looking for you. And promise me you won't come looking for us.

They seemed hesitant but nodded. We shared long hugs and goodbyes. After an hour we finally let them go.

Hyora: I don't get it... They explained what happened actually but your part is still empty.

I looked at them.

Garam: Can you tell me what actually happened?

Boram: Well... they said that four of other group members were out on a mission that turned nasty. And Taeyong never went to go get them despite getting a emergency call. Doyoung died, and -

Hyora: That's where i heard the name!

Boram: - Mark was severely injured. The group divided into two, and they split up. 

I nodded.

Garam: But there was no warning signal when i went back. I was the one who forced Taeyong out of there...

Hyora: That means you were the warning signal. You changed a few events so the warning signal changed. Just that you seemed more considerable. 

She shrugged.

Boram: Now your turn to explain everything.

So i told them. Starting from how i knew Taeyong and told them that Doyoung was also someone i knew from the very beginning. 

I went on and on and even told them about me dating him for a little.

But when i got to the hospital part i choked on my sobs and the two pulled me into a hug. 

Garam: It was horrible. I lied about everything...

Boram: It's okay Garam... you couldn't have done anything about it... besides he would still be out there.

Garam: Right... but for me it has only been an hour since i last saw him, for him it would be one and a half year. 

Hyora: I am sure he will be understanding. 

I nodded. 

Boram: But... did you actually create a deadly drug?

My breath hitched and i nodded. I looked at the machine and then at the duffle bag with the money.

Garam: We need to destroy the machine.

Boram: What?!

Hyora: Unnie we spend an year-

Garam: We need to. Doyoung was right. Time is the way it is for a reason. It can be dangerous to change it. This experience was enough for me to learn. 

I looked at them.

Garam: I am happy that i used it for a good thing, but if tomorrow someone with a bad intention but a lot of money comes to us we will accept because of money greed. Its basic human behaviour. I don't want to take the chance. 

I sighed.

Garam: Let's tear it up?

They nodded. And we got to doing it. 

Several hours passed when we finally finished breaking it apart.

Boram: We can sell those parts and get more money.

Garam: Lovely...

Hyora: Alright... but what do we do with the money?

I thought about it before smiling.

Garam: What do you girls think about opening a café?

-----

THE END∞

-----