∞7

GARAM POV

GARAM POV

I was back in my lab. I was officially a part of NCT now as their active druggist. But the horrid of making the drug was still there. Every time I sealed a bag of it, the hole in my heart only became bigger.

Taeyong promised me that he will supply it to only Caleb, as he has been trying to take over him as quietly as possible since years. The leader tried making me feel better about it but I just couldn't. 

I sighed as i filled the powder into the bag. And when i turned to go seal it i saw a male by the door making me flinch. I recognized him from the members Taeyong had introduced me to.

Garam: Mark?

Mark: Heyyo. 

He waved and invited himself in.

Mark: Mind if i hang out for a while?

He asked in English and i just nodded.

Garam: Just don't mess with the chemicals.

I answered back in the same language assuming we were going to have a conversation in it.

Mark: So how long had you been in Canada for?

Garam: Te- Nine years.

I cursed under my breath. I keep on forgetting that i am in the past.

Mark: I see. I was born there.

I faced it him and then back at the bag. As i sealed it i decided to make small talk.

Garam: Do you miss Canada?

The male shrugged.

Mark: Not necessarily. My parents disowned me when i was 13. I was then kidnapped and illegally brought to Japan. 

Garam: But... if you were Japan... how did you end up here?

Mark: I met Yuta there. He was already Taeyong's member at the time, so he took me in.

I turned around after placing the drugs in the bag, zipping it as i had just finished making a bag full of it.

Garam: I am sorry Mark, how old are you?

Mark: 21... going to turn 22 soon though.

He stared at the bag before getting off his seat and shouldering the duffle.

Mark: I am aware i am younger than you, but Noona would be weird if we converse in English.

I waved my hands.

Garam: I am fine with you calling me by my first name.

Mark: Cool. I will see you around  Garam. 

He walked out and i took my safety glasses off before sliding the lab coat off of me. I plopped down on the tiny sofa in the lab and took a deep breath.

???: Someone is tired.

My eyes shot open and i looked over to see Doyoung leaning by the wall.

Garam: Don't you have a deal or anything to be at?

The man clicked his tongue in annoyance before sitting next to me.

Doyoung: I just came back from one.

He looked at me with the same bored look in his eyes.

Doyoung: But i go out dealing and here you are in your lab all safe. 

I scoffed.

Garam: I have to work with deadly chemicals everyday, man. Do you know how much the stools are uncomfortable? My back hurts so bad.

I said finally acknowledging the sting. I looked at him wondering why he wasn't making a snarky comment. But he just stared.

Doyoung: Turn.

Garam: What?

Doyoung: I said turn around.

He demanded and i found myself turning away and having my back face him. He suddenly touched my shoulders, putting satisfactory amount of pressure on it.

I sighed in content as he continued massaging my back. And although we both stayed silent the entire time, i didn't feel uncomfortable. 

Maybe he stopped hating me and was willing to become friends again.

His movement stopped and his hand just stayed on my shoulder. I was about to turn around but he just abruptly stood up.

Without a word he left the lab. I tilted my head in confusion.

what the hell just happened?

someone's a fool~