∞10

GARAM POV

GARAM POV

That morning after breakfast i had a small talk with Taeyong. He allowed me to take a day off and while i was looking around for Doyoung i ran into Ten.

Ten: Oh hey Garam. Surprised to see you out of your lab. 

Garam: if you ever sat at the breakfast table maybe you could have seen me.

He chuckled.

Ten: I am a sleepy head. I tend to sleep for long hours. 

Garam: Ooh, lucky. 

Ten: You think that's a good thing?

Garam: I mean good sleep usually avoids stress and depression. It's an amazing way to cope with times like this.

He stared at me before bursting into laughter.

Ten: Look at you, making me feel proud of something i thought was a flaw.

I tsked.

Garam: Sleep can never be a flaw. 

He chuckled again.

Ten: Remind me to hang out with you more.

He pet my head making me smile. But my eyes shifted to the male who was by the door, staring at Ten. He then met my eyes and rolled his eyes. He quickly turned, leaving. 

I quickly faced Ten.

Garam: Hey Ten, i will see you around.

The man nodded and i jogged to catch up with Doyoung. He had already left the house and was halfway through the driveway when i reached up to him and held onto his elbow, making him turn around.

Garam: You...

I caught my breath before speaking.

Garam: You invite me to hang out and then leave me back there?

He scoffed.

Doyoung: You looked like you had a marvellous time with Ten.

Garam: We were just talking!

I took a deep breath and took notice of his red ears, making me chuckle.

Garam: Are you... jealous?

He eyes snapped wide open and he looked at me.

Doyoung: Who gave you that idea?

I laughed and poked his cheek.

Garam: Oh my god, is Doyoungie jealous?

Doyoung: What the- Don't call me that!

Garam: Why? Does it make your heart flutter?

I said while smiling and poking his cheek. But he grabbed that wrist and pulled me closer making my eyes widen.

Doyoung: You bet.

He whispered. My heart thumped against my rib cage as if it wanted to escape. I gulped as he let go off my wrist and and took a step back. He then turned and walked a bit ahead while i stood there frozen. 

Then he turned and looked at me with the familiar bored look.

Doyoung: Aren't you coming?

---

We entered a familiar restaurant.

Doyoung: Do you remember this place?

Garam: How can i forget? We used to come here everyday. I can't believe it still stands.

Doyoung: Yeah... Taeyong forgot about it. I still come here from time to time though.

He made a bitter face. The thought that i couldn't figure out their problem was getting to the best of my curiosity. But i managed to brush it away for now.

We sat down and he ordered a tteokbokki. 

Soon enough we got a spicy serving of it. But before i could dive in he stopped my chopsticks with his. Annoyed, I looked at him.

Doyoung: Let the milk come too. Oh and... whoever reaches for the milk first, pays for this and ice cream later.

I smirked.

Garam: Deal.

---

I chuckled as he swiped his card. He sent me a slight glare but that only made me laugh more. I always had a better spice tolerance. It was so stupid of him to ask. He should have already known that he was going to lose.

We finally got the ice cream from the nice guy in the park. 

While we ate i couldn't help but sigh in content. It suddenly snapped into my thoughts that i had gotten really comfortable here. Well i was only hurting myself, knowing that when i go back it would be heart breaking.

Doyoung: Eat the ice cream, sweetheart. Its melting. And I am not buying you another one.

I looked at him but he kept his focus on the ice cream. The sun kissed his skin so perfectly, making him glow. My mind went blank as all i could think about was how much Doyoung had changed since I last saw him. 

Not only his looks, but his entire personality.

And it was something that I found attractive, to the point that my heart did the stupid backflip thing it does. 

He suddenly look at me making me snap out of my thoughts. My cheeks heated as i realized he caught me staring. I quickly took a bite of my ice cream. 

But his hand reached up to my face making me face him. His thumb brushed against my lip while keeping our eye contact. 

A shiver ran down my spine. What was he doing to me?

Doyoung: Eat properly. You are getting it all over your face. 

He quickly looked away, wiping his thumb on a napkin. I looked away too. I can't fall for him. I need to avoid him. It will be all the more painful when i go back.

 It will be all the more painful when i go back