∞12

GARAM POV

GARAM POV

Taeyong knew that the cat's out of the bag. He tried talking to me but i avoided him only because i couldn't face the both of them. Sure Taeyong had Jia, but both me and Doyoung were hurting. And Doyoung was hurt for way longer.

I felt horrible for what i had done. Mark who got to know what happened, probably because he was so close to Doyoung, did give me a disappointed look every morning. It was not because of what happened. He was not happy that i was not doing anything to change what happened.

And again, i was the cause of it. Me and Mark had gotten close since he would come every Friday to pick up the drugs from my lab. But the past two times he came, the lab was always silent. I didn't want to talk about it and he had gotten the hint. 

Other than him, Minji, Ten and the boys who i knew from the present were people i talked to often. And i couldn't help but notice that the boys were so different from now. They hung out in my lab with another boy, Renjun. 

They all found the science interesting and it all the more helps me keep my mind off the whole Doyoung-Taeyong situation. 

Haechan: Noona?

Garam: Hmm?

I snapped out of thoughts and faced him.

Haechan: Do you think if we asked Taeyong hyung he will let us work with you? 

Garam: Work with me?

Haechan: Hmm, me, Jeno and Jaemin had this dream of making this big machine with you. It excited us so much. 

He smiled wide and my eyes widened in surprise. 

Jaemin: Yeah it was a time machine. And we looked like we had a great time making it! What if we make that reality?

They only smiled, but i was busy wondering how they saw those memories. 

Chenle: Me, Renjun ge and Jisung didn't have it yet, but noona we are more than sure that we would love to help.

Renjun: No doubt.

So Chenle and Jisung didn't have the dreams. And Renjun obviously not because he wasn't there... which makes me wonder where he was.

And the other three had it. That means that was because they didn't have the serum to forget. I let out a sigh weighed down by everything.

Jisung: Noona? Do you find us irritating? Is that why you seem hesitant?

I quickly waved my hands.

Garam: No way. I enjoy you guys here.

They smiled at that, their worries flying away. 

Chenle: Then we should go ask hyung.

Renjun: Yeah, we will be back noona!

They ran out and i sighed again. Where is the part where the misunderstanding comes up? And the death of that one member?

I ran a hand through my hair. clearly messing it up. I turned realizing i needed a break. I walked out and down to the kitchen, quickly making myself some coffee. 

Once done i took a sip of it and released a comforted sigh. Concluding that this would be enough to calm my throbbing head i turned around to leave. But i saw Doyoung there. Frozen, staring at me.

He scanned my face as if to look for something.

Doyoung: I was looking for you. 

Garam: ... why?

Doyoung: No one told you?

Garam: Told me what?

He came closer and took my hand, taking the cup away from me. Before i could say anything to him he led me to his room. He closed the door and sighed. 

Doyoung: Listen... whatever i am going to tell you... you are not the cause of it.

I looked at him, fear building inside me. 

Garam: What... happened?

I asked softly. He sighed, seemingly hesitant.

Doyoung: Caleb... he died.