∞9

GARAM POV

GARAM POV

3 months had passed and 2 months were left. In the real world this would be around the range of 24-30 minutes. 

I sighed. 

I was no where close to seeing a misunderstanding or anyone potentially dying. 

And my job in the lab was pretty much making the drug which was still being handed over to Caleb. He seems to have been smart to start with only small dosages. Though since last week he has been asking for two bags. Clearly he was reaching his limit. 

Besides that i was working on another drug that was not as deadly. 

Whereas the other members didn't seem as bad but i still freak out seeing the guns. Though the knives don't scare me as much. And i guess Doyoung noticed it as he pulled me into the training area one night.

Garam: What are we doing here? I already made it clear i don't want to be using a gun. 

Doyoung: Not a gun, sweetheart. 

My stomach did a back flip and i forced myself to shake my head. 

Why would i feel that? 

It was not even the first time. In the past 3 months he had done it plenty of times. And we had started spending much more time together. 

I cleared my throat and saw him approach a cabinet. He opened it and i saw knives there. He took out a few and held them out to me. 

Doyoung: Knives don't scare you as much.

Garam: Yeah because i use them while cooking.

Doyoung: Well then let's see you try.

He said motioning to the the targets. I looked at them before taking in a deep breath. I took an aim before raising my hand and throwing it. 

He came to stand next to me. We both stared at the target before looking at each other. 

Doyoung: Looks like my intuition was not wrong. You are amazing with knives. 

Garam: Well aren't you just excellent at intuition?

I added with a snicker as i threw another knife. 

Doyoung: What's with the snarky comment. You are mocking me, aren't you?

He said while i threw the last knife. I turned to him with a fake gasp and a hand over my chest. 

Garam: What gave it away?

He chuckled and went to the target pulling the knives out. My smile faltered a little as another thought invaded my mind. 

Garam: Doyoung...

Doyoung: Hmm?

Garam: Are you still not going to tell me what happened between you and Taeyong?

He put the knives back in silence. But i could tell he was tense at the question. 

Doyoung: You want to know?

I nodded as he turned to me. He then closed the cabinet and walked to me quickly, making me back up. I hit the wall and he stopped a bit away from me . He bend down to have our faces on the same level.

Doyoung: It's the same reason i can never see you as a friend.

He smiled sheepishly. I scoffed.

Garam: I will never understand you. 

He chuckled.

Doyoung: Maybe you don't try hard enough.

I frowned. 

Garam: What should i do for that?

He stood up straight and took a few steps back, letting me have a breather. 

Doyoung: Take a day off tomorrow and hang out with me.

Garam: Do you not have deals tomorrow?

Doyoung: That's at night... so Kwon Garam will you take the offer?

I tilted my head. I have been working everyday for 3 months. I could do a break.

Garam: Alright. But what-

Doyoung: great. 

He gave me a playful wink before turning and leaving.  

This man... he was going to be the death of me. 

I immediately shook the thoughts away and knew i had to push those racing hearts and flipping stomachs behind me. Because when i go back to the present everything would have changed.

My palm balled into a fist and i took a shaky deep breath.