Meeting each other

Day one

Neteyams POV:
My family and I landed our Ikrans on the sandy beach of Awa'atlu home of the Metkayina, after a 2 day long journey from our home in the forest. I felt my toes sink in the hot sand as I lept off my ikran. My eyes flick up at the sudden sound of scurrying around us, the reef people surround my family and I judging us harshly with their eyes. My family start to walk forward and I imitate my father in front of me, hands facing out showing we arent a threat to these people. The clan forms a wall around us, then steps aside to let in two Metkayina boys not any older than me through, their eyes look up and down at my mother, father, sisters, my brother and then on to me, my brother and I sign "I see you" towards the teens, they do not sign back. The two walk behind me laughing, the shorter one says to his friend " what is that? Is that supposed to be a tail" the taller one, who I notice is looking at my waist with his pretty eyes blushing , why are his eyes so pretty, he laughs " how are they supposed to swim?" He replies to the shorter one. Out the corner of my eye a splash is heard and I look over to see a girl walking out of the water, I look back to my brother Lo'ak whose smile is from ear to ear. Someone's got a crush I see. She walks over to the two boys laughing behind us and pushes the shorter one away "Roxto, Ao'nung" she says scolding them. We all jump as we see a big sea creature in the air fly over top of us, with a man riding it. This strange man comes up to my father as he says "I see you, Tonowari" he returns the sign. A woman walks up behind him and my father says " I see you Ronal tsahik of the Metkayina" my mother does the same. Seconds pass and Tonowari asks, " why did you come here Jake Sully" " we seek Awa'atlu, a sanctuary for my family" my father replies. The Tsahik has a scruff with my mother and then she comes around to my little sister Tuk grabbing her arm " their arms are thin" then to my sister Kiri pulling her tail " their tails are weak, you will be slow in the water" she says as Kiri whimpers, " these children are not even true Na'vi" holding Kiris hands up, she then walks over to Lo'ak " they have demon blood" she yells with Lo'aks hand at her eye level. My dad held his hand up showing his 4 fingers like Kiri and Lo'ak , different from my mothers,Tuks and myself. " look! Look!" He says " I was born of the sky people and now I am Na'vi, look we can adapt! We will adapt". The Tsahik walks back over to her husband were they share a "don't be like this look" I see this with my mother and father a lot. The Tsahik nods in acceptance, Tonowari speaks up and says " my son Ao'nung, and our daughter Tsireya will show your children what to do" Auonug looks up at me, so that is his name, I start to blush looking at his eyes, they are so pretty, what is this feeling?

Ao'nungs POV:
I was walking along the beach with Roxto about to call our Ilus when we hear the calling siren. He follows me as I rush to see what was going on. We come to the seas edge where people of my clan are surrounding some people of a darker blue colour, I walk through them and they move aside, man I love being the chiefs son. I look up and down at these dark blue new-comers, two boys give me the sign "I see you" Nor I or Roxto returned the gesture wanting to intimidate them, I walk around the older boy looking at his waist, why is it so skinny. He catches me looking I turn and laugh at Roxtos comment about his tail. My father comes flying over top of us, this doesn't surprise me as he is always showing off his warrior skills. He walks up to the man of the group, "why do you come here Jake Sully?" He asks, so this is the Sully family? They do not look like us one bit. Father talks to Jake as my mother goes around picking at the other kids features, she gets to the younger boy standing next to the one with the skinny waist, holds his hand up for everyone to see and yells " they have demon blood" I see this boy has 4 fingers and not 3, I lower my eyes down to the older boys hands, and he has 3 fingers like the rest of us. Shit I think he noticed me looking. Mother walks up to father and has a conversation with their eyes, they always do it and it 's so obvious, mother nods and father calls out mine and my sisters name and proceeds to say "will teach your children" " but father why us? I say " it is decided" he yells. My sister Tsireya ushers the Sully family to the village, not wanting to make father mad, I follow the older brother to his big bird, he says " this is my Ikran, could you take this for me?" with a gorgeous voice and hands me 3 bows, wanting to tease him I say " so what is your name forest boy?" I see him blush a little as he says " well it's not that, it's Neteyam" wow even his name is gorgeous. I follow behind Neteyam who is following Tsireya to the family's new home. While we walk the youngest is bouncing up and down on the mesh above the water leading to the hooches, she so adorable. I follow the family holding Neteyams things as we walk into their new family hooch and his mother drops the mat she was holding, I jumped back a little as it scared me, not noticing Neteyam was behind me and I had knocked him over " shit im sorry Forest boy" " my names Neteyam you know Reef boy, and it's alright" we both blush a little out of each others gazes. Why am I blushing? What is this feeling?

1075 words