Riding an ilu

Day Two

Neteyams POV:
It's late after my siblings and I's first lesson learning to breathe deeper and hold it for longer under water. I spend ages trying my hardest to fall sleep but I just can't stop thinking about the day, about him, about the next lesson, I am so nervous I'm going to mess up and make a fool out of myself, so I decide to sneak out of my family's hooch to go for a walk down to the beach. I walk around in the shallows of the water under the moonlight, this place is so beautiful but not more than the forest, my home, man I miss it. I found a couple trees on the beach and go to sit down, leaning against the trunk of one of them, breathing in the fresh night air, I started to drift off when suddenly I feel a something grab both of my shoulders I jolt straight up and turn to face this thing, hand on my knife. "Hey forest boy, I told you I'd get you back" it was Ao'nung, his spots on his body lighting up under the stars, so beautiful. "Ao'nung you scared the shit out of me, who taught you to come up behind someone like that?" I said with my heart pounding. " uhhhhh you did skxqwng" he said with a giggle. We sit back down leaning against the tree, looking out into the beautiful ocean. I see an ilu swim by and sigh a little too loudly " so what's on your mind, forest boy?" He says, " oh nothing reef boy" I say " it's ok you can tell me" he replies "I'm just scared I'm going to suck at our next lesson and make a fool of myself, I'm supposed to be the role model for my siblings, how can I do that if I suck at everything?" I say. Ao'nung sat there just staring at me with those pretty eyes of his and says "I don't think you going to suck at riding an ilu, you did so well at today lesson, not beter than Kiri but still, right not the point, I can teach you now if you want, so that you don't have to suck in front of your siblings" he said the last part being sarcastic. " that actually sounds like a good idea" I said back. We get up and he clicks his tounge calling to an ilu. Maybe I will do great tomorrow.

Ao'nungs POV:
It was time for my nightly walk along the beach admiring the beauty of my home, a tradition I have been doing by myself since I could walk, I can't believe my family havnt caught me leaving our hooch in the middle of the night all these past 15 years. Walking along the beach by the grass line admiring my home, I see a familiar figure lent up against a tree, it was Neteyam, I quickly thought of a plan to scare him like he did earlier today during the lesson we had. I slowly crept up behind him and jolted his shoulders so hard he jumped up ready to kill. "Hey forest boy, I told you I'd get you back" I said, "Ao'nung, you scared the shit out of me"  he called me by my name dammit what about our nic-names Forest boy, " who taught you to come up behind someone like that?" Is this boy for real " uhhhh you did skxqwng" I said back giggling. We sat down and lent up against the tree, I could see that he was upset because he sighed really loud and I asked "what's on your mind forest boy?" He told me he felt like he was going to make a fool of himself in front of his siblings tomorrow when me and my sister were going to teach the Sully kids how to ride an ilu, he was scared because he is supposed to be the good influence on them and I felt that myself with my sister growing up , I said to him " I don't think you going to suck at riding an ilu, you did so well at today lesson, not beter than Kiri but still, right not the point, I can teach you now if you want, so that you don't have to suck in front of your siblings" he agreed and I called over an ilu. I grabbed its queue and held it out for Neteyam " make the bond gently, this is a new creature for you, just feel her breathing, feel her movement"  he reached behind his back over his shoulder and I could see his abs come out, so hot, he grabbed his queue and gently made the halu. Me and Neteyam swam with the ilu for ages as I taught him the proper technique to control them, he was definitely good to start off with but now he is a pro, his form was perfect, his abs looked good doing it too,he's going to do great tomorrow.

840 words