Making up

Day Four

Neteyams POV:
Hours pass and Lo'ak and I are still being yelled at by our father, " WHAT IS THE ONE THING I TOLD YOU TO DO" he yelled " stay out of trouble" me and my brother say at the same time, " and what have you done, gone and picked a fight with the chiefs son, how are we supposed to let them know we arnt a threat when you go around doing this?" He yells " no dad, Ao'nung was picking on us, calling us freaks" I say " oh, well still you shouldn't fight the chiefs son, go apologize to Ao'nung I don't care how you do it, go on dismissed" he said to us " yes sir" we say leaving our hooch in search for Ao'nung, instead Lo'ak went off to find Tsireya, which left me by myself knowing exactly where Ao'nung was, it was the same time as last night, in the same spot, there he sat head leaning against the tree. I walk over to him standing in front, " what do you want Neteyam?" He says "oh no nic-name huh reef boy?" I say " fine, what is it forest boy, what do you want?" He says looking up at me his eyes glistening in the moonlight " well Lo'ak was supposed to be here with me to apologize but he went off to find your sister, so here I am, I'm sorry I hit you, so many times" I paused Ao'nung just looking up at me "you shouldn't have been picking on us though, just because my siblings have 4 fingers, look" I said holding up my hand " I don't, so why you gotta make shitty comments about us all being freaks when you know I'm not and nor are my siblings" he sits there stunned a bit and says "I accept your apology, but you must understand how hard it is to be the chiefs son, your dad is Toruk Makto, it's hard fitting in if I don't do the same as my friends" he pauses " I didn't mean to hit you I thought you were Lo'ak, remember he came at me" "I know he did and he shouldn't have because now we are in big trouble with our father, but that's not the point, the point is that on my brothers behalf, I am sorry" I know it is shitty of me to be apologizing to him because he was in the wrong  I just couldn't help but be sympathetic towards him as I know how it feels. " it's ok forest boy, come sit" he says patting the ground beside him.

Ao'nungs POV:
Once again I am out sitting down leaning on the same tree Neteyam and I did the last couple of nights by myself, part of me hoped he would come and join me, but I knew he would be mad I picked on him and his siblings. I lean my head against the tree and feel a dark presence sanding over me, I open my eyes and it is Neteyam " what do you want Neteyam" I said sulking a little " oh no nic-name reef boy" he says, god I love that one " fine, what is  forest boy,what do you want?" I say, he goes on to apologize for hitting me a lot and how I shouldn't pick on him and his siblings saying that they are freaks when I know they aren't, my eyes start to tear up a little as I say "I accept your apology, but you must understand how hard it is to be the chiefs son, your dad is Toruk Makto, it's hard fitting in if I don't do the same as my friends" I pause for a second then say" I didn't mean to hit you I thought you were Lo'ak, remember he came at me" he apologizes again and I pat the patch of grass next to me "it's ok forest boy, come sit" we sat there talking and what I think was flirting for a while, when I lent my head against his and he didn't move in fact he embraced it putting his arm around me, shocked I look up at him staring into his eyes as he stares back I lean in closer to his face wanting to kiss him so bad" what you thinking about Reef boy?" He says " nothing, nothing" I say leaning my head back on his shoulder, dammit I should have done it now I've missed my chance. He leans his head on mine, arm still wrapped around me just staring into the ocean in front on us. Until he pulls his arm off me, I think he thinks I'm uncomfortable "no put it back" I said "it's comfortable, I like your touch" I can't believe I said it what is wrong with me " I like your touch too Ao' " he said putting his arm back around me. Did he just call me Ao'?, I liked that a lot better than reef boy. " call me that again, I like it" I say " ok Ao' " he says back the butterflies in my stomach grew larger and my heart starts beating faster "Hey Tey, do you like me? Like do you like like me?" I say lifting my head up off his shoulder staring into his eyes and I notice him smile, god that smile is so gorgeous. "Yes Ao', yes I do" he says leaning in and placing a small kiss on my forehead then gets up, says goodnight and walks off home. I sat there for probably 30 minutes him thinking about what had just happened, did he just kiss me? I finally get up and head back to my hooch to sleep although I can't stop thinking about it.

963 words