Trying to breathe

Day Two-

Neteyams POV:
After searching everywhere under water and above the surface for Kiri we found her kneeling on the ocean floor playing with glowing little fish. We bring her up to the surface where she, unlike Tuk Lo'ak and I breathes out with ease like she wasn't in any pain. After recollecting ourselves and me scolding my sister for not sticking close to us, Ao'nung, Tsireya and Roxto take us over to a small group of rocks, where they start explaining how to control our breathing, "take a long breath in through your mouth, and out slowly. You need to slow your heartbeat down, in order to hold your breathe for longer, without struggling for oxygen" Tsireya says. She slowly moves and places one hand on Lo'aks stomach and the other on his chest, " breathe in deep from here" she says tapping on my bother's stomach, he blushes and starts blinking at her rapidly, " Lo'ak, your heartbeat is fast, slow down" she says calmly. Me and Roxto look at each other and share a giggle, I look beside me to Ao'nung, just a quick glance but he sees me looking and takes his hands to place them the same way Tsireya did on Lo'ak, I see how he feels, why do I feel it?. Ao'nungs soft hands pressed against my skin that make me shiver and I got a fluttering feeling deep in my stomach, "you don't know how to breathe slowly, do you Forest boy" Ao'nung says, my butterflies flutter harder at the nic-name. Roxto looks over at Kiri as she rolls her eyes "please no" she says to Roxto. Ao'nung continues to have his hands placed so gently on my stomach and chest, " breathe in deep from here" he says tapping my chest, "and out through here" tapping my stomach" I just know he can feel my heart beat faster as he rests his gentle hands on my body. I keep my cool and continue to try slow down my breath. After about an hour Ao'nung, Tsireya and Roxto were happy with our breathing pattern we headed back into the water to test out new "skill" if you can even call it that. My siblings and I could now hold our breath longer and slowly to keep the oxygen in our lungs and not pass out. We swam around for ages only coming up to the surface every 10 minutes for a new fresh gulp of air. This feeling is amazing, I love the ocean.

Ao'nungs POV:
After seeing my sister trying to help Lo'ak with his breathing pattern , I lent over to Neteyam to do the same, his skin was so soft under my fingers and his heart beat is fast but I dont say anything, I know this boy is nervous. We spent about an hour doing this technique helping the Sully children hold their breath longer, we decided it was time for them to test their new skill. We dive back into the water, warmer than before as the sun was at its peak. I sign to Neteyam to follow me down to the bottom of the sea by my favorite coral bed, it is one of the best places in Awa'atlu, I come here every day. He swam inside the bed and completely disappeared . He blended in so well with the dark blue coral, so well to where I couldn't see him anymore, worried I swim closer to the bed, where did he go? I duck my head around the corner, "Aghhhhhhh" I scream under water loosing valuable air when doing so, when I felt something grab and jolt my shoulders scaring the shit out of me. I rush up to the surface because I no longer had any breath left. I look down under the water and see Neteyam graciously swimming to join me. " did I scare you reef boy?" He said, " shit yeah you did, you skxqwng" I said gulping for air. " my bad, sorry" he said in a sorry tone. " I'm going to get you back skxqwng, some day, some day soon" after a few more hours of diving, we all went back to the beach to rest. The sully kids where so exhausted, Tuk fell asleep in Neteyams arms, it is so cute how he is with her, I wish I could do that. Not with him of course, I don't know maybe. Why do I feel this? He picks her up, says goodbye and we all split off to go home for the night, or so I thought.

762 words