Feeling free

Day Three

Neteyams POV:
After mine and Ao'nungs secret lesson on riding an ilu last night, I am sure I'm going to do well today. Me and my siblings get up early for our lesson, we have breakfast and a meeting with our family, then go outside to find Ao'nung, Tsireya and Roxto but like yesterday they were already there, me and Ao'nung catch a small glance at each other, he blushes. Heading down to the beach we walk past the spot where Ao'nung and I sat last night. We walk in the cold glistening water and stand waist deep, Ao'nung clicks his tongue, 4 ilu swim over to us, " these are ilu" he says " if you want to live here you have to ride" he says looking at me, why did that sound so hot. Kiri and Tuk go with Roxto, Lo'ak with Tsireya and me with Ao'nung just like last yesterdays lesson, I get to spend more time with him. Little does everyone know I already know how to ride an ilu thanks to Ao'nung, he doesn't say anything and urges me to hop on the animals back, make the halu and he gets closer and whispers in my ear "pretend to struggle a little bit then get the hang of it". I blush a little and start to move off from the sitting position and pick up speed making sure not to fall off, my siblings try and do the same, Lo'ak having more trouble than Kiri and Tuk, he falls and plays it off, trying to impress Tsireya. For hours we ride the ilu both under water and on the surface, playing and messing around with each other, me and Ao'nung especially, slapping and chasing each others ilu riding beside us. The sea is so beautiful, it's a little harder to hold my breath riding fast underwater but I get the hang of it quick and barely do any air stops. I slow down and look over my shoulder to see Lo'ak and Tsireya playing together on their ilu, Kiri going the fastest racing Roxto and Ao'nung, and Tuk admiring the beauty of her baby ilu and me also looking at the beautiful ocean floor. I felt so free, in this moment all my worries where gone, I knew I had made a good influence on my siblings, I feel very grateful to Ao'nung for teaching me privately last night because I don't think I could have done a good job if it wasn't for him, plus I enjoyed spending one on one time with him. Out of no where Ao'nung comes and pushes me off my ilu, I swim up to the surface and he follows "what's the matter Forest Boy, did you fall off" he snickers " oh nah you totally didn't push me off you skxqwng" I snicker back, " I'm so terribly sorry Forest Boy my bad" "shut up Reef boy" I say, two can play at that game.

Ao'nungs POV:
We're back at the same spot Neteyam and I rode last night, but with our siblings and Roxto. Today we are teaching them, well Kiri, Lo'ak and Tuk how to ride an ilu, since I already taught Neteyam last night, I keep my mouth shut and pretend to teach him, everyone goes off with their chosen teacher and I get close to Neteyams ear, smelling his gorgeous hair and I whisper "pretend to struggle a little bit then get the hang of it" he blushes cutely thinking I can't see him, and goes swimming off riding with perfection, after the other Sully kids got the hang of it, we all went for a ride, Neteyam and I teasing each other by slapping and chasing the other. These kids really have learnt quickly they no longer have to take breath brakes every couple minutes, they can go 10+ without it. I taught this boy well, trying to be quiet I sneak up behind him off my ilu and push him off his. He rushes to the surface and I yell "what's the matter Forest Boy, did you fall off" he snickers " oh nah you totally didn't push me off you skxqwng" he snickers back, " I'm so terribly sorry Forest Boy my bad" I say laughing. We spent ages riding in the water till it was nearly nightfall, when Jake and Neytiri come out looking for us "come in for dinner kids, it's getting late!" Jake yells. We say goodbye and the Sully kids head off with their parents. After dinner with my family I head back down for my nightly walk on the beach, hoping to come across Neteyam again, I go to the same tree spot we were at last night, and what do you know he was there, " funny to see you here Neteyam" I say " what happened to the nic-name reef boy?" He says " I don't know thought I'd be nice and call you by your name it is beautiful you know, your name" shit why did I say that, I've fucked everything up dumbass " are you flirting with me Ao'nung?" He says with a stern flirty voice " No I'm not Forest boy, calm your farm"why didn't I just tell him, maybe he likes me back. We sit there for hours making small talk both of us slightly dosing off, Neteyams head falls onto my shoulder, I think he's asleep, so cute what the hell. I gently shake him awake, " Hey forest boy, why so tired?" "Today was full on Ao'nung I mean reef boy" he says with a stuffy voice. " then go home to sleep" I say "no I like being out in the open and it's much better laying with someone" did he just imply laying with me, this strange feeling erupts in my stomach, fluttering about, this boy makes me nervous. " come on let's go back home before we get in trouble" I say pulling him up and walking off. I hope we do this every night.

1001 words