Chapter 17

Ava's pov

I woke up and rubbed my eyes with my fist. It's Monday and I have school. Ughhh . I should probably ask Alex if I can be excused for a week more though I'm sure he won't. I guess there's no use of sulking . Let's see if Lottie and jack are as whiny as me. Im sure Jack will be dragging a sleepy, whiny and bitchy Lottie out of the bed.

I reached for my phone on my night stand and what I got where a bunch of medications.
What the hell!
Where's my phone ?

When I looked down I saw I'm dressed to go out.
When did I change my clothes ?

Holy shit!
I'm late. I ordered everyone to get ready and reminded them I'll leave them if they are one minute late. And now I've slept for like 2 hours I guess.

I jumped out of the bed and ran but didn't reach the door as my knees collapsed. My body was falling forward. I prepared for the impact and closed my eyes.

1
2
3
4

Why aren't I falling ? I opened my eyes and saw that it was ace who was preventing me from falling. He picked me up and carried me back to my bed.

I tried to get up again , but he pushed me back.
Soon everyone came and surrounded my bed like bees surround their home or say flower.

"Why are you all here ?" I asked.

"You fainted ." Jason responded moving towards the edge of the bed.

At this statement my eyes widened. We were supposed to go out for shopping and after getting ready I went to the library and was gonna read a book. Then I saw the portrait. My mom and dad. The shooting and killing.

Oh goddd.

Alex came and sat next to me on my bed. He raised his hand but I flinched back. His eyes showed a different emotion which I haven't seen at all. Hurt and care.

"Sweetheart I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm your big brother . I'll always protect you. I'll burn down the whole world if that's necessary to protect you.
I love you Mia bambina ." He coaxed me into hugging him.

I was clinging on to him like a koala. In minutes I was sat on his lap with my legs behind  his back , hugging him as if my life depended on him.

After a few minutes he spoke again.

"Can you tell me what happened pumpkin?"

"Am I fat ?" I frowned because he called me a pumpkin. Pumpkins are huge and fat.

"Pardon ?"

"Am I fat?" I stressed out each syllable.

"Now from where did that come from?" He raised his brows.

"Y-you called me a pumpkin . Pumpkins are huge and fat and you called me that . That means you are telling me I'm fat and huge." My lips wobbled.

Ace's pov:-

"Pumpki- , I mean darling that's not what i meant." Alex sighed facepalming.

Woah .
Entertaining.

"See  you called me a pumpkin again .And now you are fed up of me that you are sighing."

Interesting . Who knew the great , cruel and merciless don of the italian mafia would talk this softly .

We are half British and half Italian. Mama was British and Papa was Italian. I'm not sure if Ava knows Italian because we haven't heard her speak at all. So we all are sticking with English for now.