Chapter 18

Ava's pov :
"No!"
"What do you mean by no?"
"No means absolutely not."
"I know what 'no' means."
"Then why did you ask 'what do you mean by no?'"
"Quit it Alex you know what I meant."

He's worse than Jack or mom. Why on earth can't I accompany him to his workplace. Mom always took me with her whenever I wanted to go with her or when I was bored . Even Jack used to take me to his dad's office whenever he visited. Uncle Harvey always let me roam around his building and even let me in his meetings.

"Why can't I accompany you Alex?"
"Because I said no."

"I'm all alone in this house and am bored out of my mind. Please let me go with you. I won't annoy you."

"You'll be even more bored if you come with me fiore."

"You know what leave it. I'll call Noah." Ooh brother I know you're gonna flip in 3..2..-

"NO of course no. Don't call him. You can come with me."

"Are you sure." I smirked internally.
"Positive." Came his quick reply.

"Alright. I'll go get dressed gimme 5 minutes."

I quickly went to my walking closet and took out a summer outfit which I bought when we went shopping last week.

I applied some lip gloss and mascara and hurried towards the staircase . I looked around to see if anyone's there and quickly set myself on the railing and slid down.

Owww . My ass is on fire. I marched to the living room thinking Alex left.

But nah there he is sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone.

"Let's go!"
He didn't even look up from his phone. What an ass.

We both got into the car and drove to his office ig. I tried peeking into his phone to see what has got him soo hooked up. But Alex being a douche he is shoved the phone into his pocket when he saw me peeping.

Two can play this game. I pulled my phone out and decided to text Jack.

Hey Jack

Instantly I got a reply. Hmm someone replied for the first time since 2 days.

Hey babe

What made you busy?

School you know.

Or some chick

Oc no! What's up?

Just converting oxygen into carbon dioxide . You know, the usual.

WTF man? Schools out . Why u still at science lab ?

Breathing Jack! I'm breathing :/

😒

😁

A quick qn

Shoot

Will you remember me in one day?

Yes

Will you remember me in a week?

Yes oc . What 's this about ?

Will you remember me in a year ?

Yes. Istg if you ask me this one more time imma come and smack you in the head for sure.

Knock knock

Who's there!?

I thought you said you would always remember me

Omg 😆😂😂🤣

I burst out into a fit of laughter. Jack is such an idiot at times. One time I annoyed him to an extend that he peed on my bed. And another time he acted as my father when a cute boy came to ask me out. Even people without much sense can clearly say that he isn't my father , that boy thought so and nearly pissed himself.

This time Alex tried peeping in. But instead of doing the same as he did I asked him.

"What you looking at ? Huh."I raised my brows at him.

"Just looking out of the windows." He replied trying to act cool and casual.

I rolled my eyes at his miserable excuse. A kid lies even better.

"Don't roll your eyes at me Ava. And drop the attitude." He sternly said going back to his cold self.

"Whatever."

———————————————————————
At the office

Third person's pov
Alex entered the building with ava linking arms with him. The receptionist stood up greeting Alex who didn't spare a glance at her.

All the curious eyes of employees were fixed on a certain someone who was clinging on to their boss. The girl looked too young to be their boss's girlfriend. But that didn't stop them from listing out the possibilities of how the girl is related to him.

On sensing eyes upon the duo. Alex glared at all of them and commanded more like growled
"What are you looking at ? Eyes on our work."

Ava without any care in the world was looking around the office internally fan-girling  on how pretty the interior is done. Unaware of what's happening around her she let herself be  dragged to god knows where.

Both entered the golden lift a little far away from the common lift. Alex pressed 49 and waited.

"Ava here's a few instructions you have to follow while you're in here. No talking to strangers and roaming around. You'll get a tour of the office once your brothers are here.
If you need anything just ring me up. And do not , I repeat do not touch my things. And don't mess up any of the files. With that being said you are free to go." He escorted her to his office saying he has a meeting to attend.

Soon after Alex left ava jumped into action. She looked around the office to see if there's anything interesting or worth her attention. She searched a minute or so and was about to give up but noticed a small photo frame. Curiosity struck her. She picked it up and inspected the frame.

There stood her brother with a beautiful lady. They look so happy and their eyes sparkled with love and affection for each other. A look of  admiration adorned his face unlike  his usual poker face . He looked less old and reflected more emotions . The lady on the other hand was laughing at something her brother was saying.  She looked carefree and relaxed around him.

Mentally noting to ask her brothers about her she keeps the frame back to its original position and leaves the room. She tiptoed out of the room and into the  corridor.