Tick Tock

(filler chapter: a fragmented recovery.)

While the sun was rising, yuno began grunting in his sleep, as his nightmares became more vivid and more intense.

"yuno! Watch out!"

Yuno: *grunt*

"Big brother! No!"

Yuno: no....Lloyd...

"And you say you're the strongest between the ninja?? Alright then...watch yourself leaving this place... incapable of saving your little brother..who you swore to protect..."

"No...big brother..... don't go...I'm afraid.... please come back.."

Yuno: lloyd...I'm sorry...

"I'm ashamed to have you as my big brother...get lost..."

"Hah! And here I thought that you, my son will win against that constrictai, What a fucking disappointment!"

Yuno: No...

Finally, yuno saw a blur image of blooded Lloyd..dead..

Yuno: NO LLOYD!!

Yuno woke up horrified, as he looked around in tears, as his injuries opened a bit, changing the bandages' color into red, he began hurting from them, even whimpering from the pain, suddenly, he heard his room's door open, as nya entered, once she saw his state, she immediately ran to him, and began changing his bandages.

Nya: yuno, What happened?

Yuno: it was...nothing...

Nya: no! Obviously something is happening--

Yuno: I SAID NOTHING HAPPENED! NOW SHUT THE HELL UP!!

Nya immediately shat up, as she didn't expect such a reaction from him as she looked in his eyes, all she saw was sadness, anger, fear, sorrow, yuno realized what he did, and his eyes changed into that of regret.

Yuno:...nya.. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to yell at you like that! It was just that stupid nightmare and I-

Nya: it's alright yuno, believe me, it's ok...after all you suffered greatly, now relax, yuno, take a deep breath, and take it easy on yourself.

Yuno tried and inhaled before grunting from the pain, and began tearing up from anger.

Yuno: damn it! Just how pathetic am I....

Suddenly, he felt a hand on his head, as he opened his eyes to see nya smiling at him brightly as she patted his head.

Nya: yuno, just please take it easy on yourself, weren't you the one who told me that crying won't get us anywhere?

Yuno: Yeah! I know! I just... I can't help it but be angry at myself...why? Why do I always fail miserably at protecting you guys! I couldn't do shit to help my father! I couldn't save Lloyd when I was younger! I couldn't save you when we went to Ouroboros! And I COULDN'T SAVE MY BROTHER! JUST WHY? WHY THE FUCK AM I SO BAD? WHY AM I A MISERABLE PIECE OF SHIT WHO CAN'T EVEN PROTECT WHO HE LOVES--

Suddenly, nya slapped him to shut him up, and suddenly hugged him and laid his head on her shoulder.

Nya: Will you shut up?! Do you even consider forgiving yourself? Or I don't know, taking it easy? It's not your fault you know...no thing that happened is your fault...

Yuno stayed quiet for a bit before wrapping his hands around nya's waist in a hug.

Yuno: I thought that I learned...I thought that I was beginning to forgive myself...turns out I was just delusional..