the rise of the great devourer (book 1, finale part 1)

The Destiny's Bounty is flying through a storm; in his cabin, Master Wu uses the spirit smoke and sees the ninja being surrounded by the Serpentine before seeing himself being eaten by the Great Devourer and gasping. "Oh dear...that can't be happening..." Wu closes his eyes, but he couldn't see further into the future.

"I guess...my end is nearer than I thought...but...is he really ready for all the responsibilities that fall on his shoulder following my demise? He's grown a lot...but he's still a young one..." Wu sighs. "I suppose...the greatest one is also destined to suffer the most...no matter what I try..."

In the dining room, Kai, Nya, Jay and Yuno are keeping watch over the four silver Fangblades.

"Why is it that Torchfire Mountain is the only place we can destroy the Fangblades? Can't yuno destroy it with his shredding wind? Or Kai with his scorching flames?" Nya asked, Yuno sighed and shook his head.

"It's not that easy, my wind is sharp and strong yes, but these blades are way too durable for my wind to break.." Kai continues after Yuno.

"And my flames, although it is scorching, it's not enough, 'Cause the Fangblades are made from the original teeth of the Devourer. They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat." Kai said as yuno nodded.

"Uh, could someone pass the salt?" Jay asked as the bounty tilts, sliding the salt shaker towards him. "Thanks!"

Cole comes in, green from air sickness, kuzuryu was with him, supporting him. "There there, my, your air sickness is horrible..." Kuzuryu said.

"Please. No one talk about food. How much longer until we get there?" Cole asked groggily.

"Not long. Hey, Cole, you're looking a little green over there. How'd you like a mucus salt sandwich?" Jay laughs as Cole goes outside to vomit, being followed shortly after by kuzuryu. "Speaking of green, who would've guessed that the master of wind, yuno garmadon himself, turned out to be the Green Ninja?" yuno's cheeks lit up a bit as he continues eating.

"No need to turn all the attention to me..." Yuno was embarrassed by the attention that was fixated on him.

"Eh, I don't know about you guys, but it kinda makes sense, yuno and lord garmadon treat each other like enemies, it's like Destiny wanted this to happen." Kai said, and yuno nodded.

"Wait, yuno, where is Lloyd?? Didn't you say you were gonna train him?" Nya asked.

Yuno sighed. "He said he wanted to try the training course alone, although he doesn't know the basics, he kept telling me that he'll do just fine, so I let him be." Yuno said.

"Are you sure? I mean, the little runt doesn't know how to use the equipment and he doesn't have any skills, you think it'll be a good idea to let him train?" Jay asked.

"Calm down, thunder bolt, it's not like the training equipment will kill him..."

Yuno's voice trailed off as he stared at the fangblades for a moment, all voices around him seem to disappear, his eyes flashed purple for a moment, before he felt Nya's hand on his shoulder.

"Yuno, do you hear me?" Nya said, as his eyes flash back to normal and he shakes his head. "Are you okay?"

Yuno nodded. "Don't worry...I'm okay... I'll go outside for a bit..." He said in a low tone and quickly went outside, leaving the other three with concerned looks on their faces.

Yuno was looking at the thundering skies, remembering what happened earlier. "(What was that...why did I feel...pure hatred..? No...no no...I don't think it's just pure hatred...that was–)"

His train of thoughts were interrupted by Wu appearing beside yuno. "I sense that you are disturbed, my nephew.."

"Oh, uh... it's nothing, sensei, I was- uh...worried..."