T H R E E

𝑻𝑹𝑬𝒀

"Ezzy no wanna go night night" He pouted as I changed his clothes. "But Ezzy has to if he wants to have energy tomorrow" He shook his head. "Tee-Tee leaving" His adorable pout deepened as I looked down at him.

"I'll be back tomorrow, little one" I assured him.

It was already late in the day when we went to the store and by the time we got back, it was dark outside. Amanda woke Ezra up so we could eat dinner then she said I could change him and put him to bed if he was okay with it.

He agreed instantly.

"Ezzy no want Tee-Tee to leave" Little tears started to form in his eyes as I finished zipping his dinosaur onesie up. "No, no, don't cry Bug" I lifted him up and he wrapped his arms and legs around me tightly. "How about we go ask Manda if I can stay the night?" I suggested, rubbing soothing circles on his back.

He nodded as he hid his face in my neck. I carried him down to the living room where Amanda was and sat on the couch. 

"Hey Amanda. This little one has something to ask you" I told her. Ezra sat up in my lap and gave me a look that basically said Why did you tell her I wanted to ask?

"What's up bub?" Amanda asked him. "C-Can" He paused and his face turned pink. I couldn't help but smile at his cuteness. "Go on, baby" I encouraged. He looked down and started playing with his fingers before looking back up at me.

The look on his face told me he was too shy to ask Amanda himself. "Okay, I'll do it" I rubbed his back as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"Ezra wanted to know if it would be okay for me to spend the night 'cause he doesn't want me to leave" Amanda's face lit up and she smiled. "Of course, that's perfectly fine!" Ezra sat up with a huge smile on his face. "Yay!!!"

I grinned at him as I pulled the hood on his onesie onto his head and kissed his cheek. "Ready to go to sleep?" I asked him but he shook his head. "Why not Bug?" I poked his side causing him to giggle but then pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Tee-Tee stay my room"

"I gotta stay in your room?' I asked and he nodded.

"Is that okay with you Manda?" I knew she was gonna say yes but I was asking for Ezra's sake. "Perfectly fine with me" She grinned. The smile reappeared on Ezra's face and he clapped softly. "Yay!"

I stood up and held my arms under his butt so he wouldn't fall. "Are you ready to go to sleep now little prince?" I asked him. He nodded and his face turned pink at the sound of the nickname.

His cuteness just might be the death of me.

I turned to Amanda. "I'm gonna go get this little bean to bed" I told her. She smiled and nodded. "Night night Manda" Ezra said sleepily. "Goodnight munchkin" She came over and gave Ezra a kiss on his cheek before going back to the couch.

I shifted him slightly and carried him back upstairs to his room. I placed him in his bed gently and he pouted up at me.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked him as I put my hand on the side of his face. "Cuddles?" He asked softly as he put his hands over mine.

My heart melted as he tilted his head and rubbed his cheek against the palm of my hand. "Of course, we can cuddle little one"

Luckily, he didn't have a fully crib. It was more of a bed with a small bar on the front to keep him from falling out.

Just as I was about it lay down with him it dawned on me that I didn't have anything to sleep in. I mean usually I sleep in my underwear but if I'm gonna be in the same bed as Ezra that can't happen.

"Hey Ez. You think Amanda will let you stay up for just a little longer? I don't have any clothes here" I told him. He shrugged and reached for me to grab him.

I picked him up again and carried him back downstairs. "Hey Amanda. I just realized I don't have anything to sleep in or anything to wear tomorrow. Is it okay if he stays up a little longer till, I get back?"

She nodded. "Yeah, that's cool"

"Good" I set Ezra on the couch next to Amanda. "I'll be right back okay baby bean?" He nodded and smiled when I leaned down to kiss his forehead.

I grabbed my keys off the coffee table and started heading out the door. "Ezzy gon' miss you" I heard him say sadly. Then I got an idea. "How about y'all come with me" I suggested. Ezra looked at Amanda hopefully and she smiled and nodded.

"I'm a little tired so I think I'll stay here. But you can go" She told him. "Yay!" He got up and ran over to me. I picked him up and kissed his cheek gently. "Let's go baby bean" He giggled softly and laid his head on my shoulder. "We'll be right back" I said to Amanda before carrying Ezra out the door and to my car.

Once I got the car, I realized I didn't have a car seat for him. "Ezzy.. Don't you need a car seat?" I asked him. He shook his head. "Ezzy be okay"

I nodded and set him down in the back seat and made sure his seatbelt was secured before getting in the driver's seat.

Ezra wasn't even mine yet and I was already used to having a little. I truly hope he agrees to let me be his caregiver.

I already loved him.

==