F O U R

𝑬𝒁𝑹𝑨

For the first time in forever. I had slipped out of my headspace. I was still in the back of Trey's car, but we were now heading back to mine and Amanda's house.

I had convinced him that I was asleep but, in all reality, I just didn't want him to realize that I wasn't little anymore. I'm sure he wouldn't care. But big Ezra isn't as sweet as little Ezra after what had happened with my parents.

I felt the car come to a stop and I shifted around, trying to sell the fact that I was asleep.

Before I knew it, Trey was carrying me into the house and laying me in my bed. "I know you're awake, Ezzy" He whispered to me. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to give him an innocent look.

"Why were you faking?" I shrugged in response. I was scared to open my mouth. My big voice was way different from my little voice. I wasn't sure I wanted him to know that side of me yet.

"Come on lovebug use your words."

I shook my head and sat up with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Why not"

I once again gave Trey a shrug in response and looked down at my lap. We sat in silence for a while before I finally opened my mouth.

"I-I'm big r-right now" my voice came out just barely above a whisper. I almost cringed hearing myself talk. I continued to avoid Trey's gaze as well as holding back the tears from hearing the sound of my own voice.

"Why didn't you just say that lovebug?" I didn't give him a response till I felt his hand start to caress my cheek softly.

"Didn't want to" I told him simply. I wasn't ready for Trey to know big me.

Little me was sweet, innocent, quiet.

Big me was filled with anger and self-hatred.

Trey moved his hand from my cheek to my chin and made me look up at him. "You know I'm going to like you no matter what, right bug?" He asked me. I shrugged and shifted my eyes downward.

"Look at me" He said gently, causing me to shake my head.

"Ez... Look at me" He tried again; his voice slightly sterner than before.

Once again, he got no response from me. "Please, Ezzy" His voice was just above a whisper.

I slowly looked him in the eyes. They didn't show any sign of Trey being mad at me however I was still worried. My worry soon disappeared when Trey smiled at me.

"I promise nothing will ever change the way I feel about you Ezzy..." He paused and pulled me so that I was sitting in his lap. "I fell in love with you the second I walked into the kitchen and saw you eating fruit in your little dino onesie" Trey chuckled and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I instantly felt this sense of drive to make you feel better since you were crying and that's what I did." I didn't realize I was crying till he wiped my cheeks. "Look Ezra... I know we just met but I want to protect you and take care of you" He told me.

"I want you to be my little."

==