T W E N T Y O N E

𝑬𝒁𝑹𝑨

"Trey! I need help!" I called out from the bathroom. It had been a few weeks since I had gotten my fish and it was time for me to clean their tank. However, its proven to be a much harder task than I thought it was.

"Help with what?" Trey questioned as he came walking into the bathroom. I pointed towards the half-filled fish tank that was sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor. "It's heavy" I stated, hoping he would understand that I needed him to lift it for me. "How did you get it in here in the first place?" He chuckled.

"It was a struggle" I let out a sigh, remembering how I struggled the tank from my room to the bathroom. Trey walked over, picking up the tank, sitting it in the tub, slightly tilted on its side against the edge. "I'll do this, you can go sit down and watch tv" He told me referring the cleaning the tank. I had to hide the excitement that I felt building up at my words.

"Thank you, Tee" I gave him a quick hug, before going to my room. I sat on my bed, grabbing the iPad that Trey bought me the other day, and began playing a random puzzle game I had downloaded, making sure Terrence and Fawn were doing okay in their makeshift tank every few seconds.

Despite their names we still aren't sure of their genders. I just hope they aren't actually a boy and a girl, I'm not sure we would be able to handle any baby fish. After about 15 minutes, Trey came into my room, carrying the now clean and refilled tank, and sat it back on top of the tank stand.

I jumped up, happily, giving him a hug. "Thank you, Tee-Tee" I grinned, burying my face in his chest, content with our height difference. "You're welcome, Ezzy" He gave me a squeeze, before pulling away. I began putting the decorations back in the tank, before gently pouring Terrence and Fawn back in as well.

"Ezzy!" I heard my name being called from downstairs. "Come with me?" I pouted at Trey, who was now sitting on the edge of my bed. I even stuck my hand out for him to hold. He looked up at me, shaking his head and smiling, before standing up and grabbing my hand.

I smiled up at him, before pulling him downstairs with me. "Yess, Manda?" I asked once Trey and I found her in the kitchen.

The excitement that was inside me was soon replaced with dread once I saw the look on Amanda's face. I couldn't tell what the look meant but I knew it wasn't something good. "What's wrong?" I questioned, my voice small.

Trey squeezed my hand reassuringly, indicating that he could sense something was wrong as well. "I just got a call," She started, folding her hands together as she leaned on the kitchen counter, a sigh escaping her lips. "I got a promotion at work, Ezzy" She told me.

A wave of confusion washed over me. Why was that a bad thing?

"I-Isn't that a good thing" I smiled slightly, happy for her. She's been wanting a promotion for so long anyways. "Yeah, it is" Her voice cracked a little bit, and I watched as tear began to form in her eyes.

"Ezzy, baby, I'm going to have to move"

My face fell again at her words.

"I'll just come with you" I said quietly. "I can come with you, right?" Amanda walked around the counter, pulling me into her arms. "I'm sorry, baby" She whispered to me, her voice cracking again as she squeezed me tightly. From the angle we were standing at, I could see Trey. I looked at him with wide eyes, trying not to cry.

I was unsure of what to do.

My best friend, who had ben here for me through everything was leaving me. "It's only a two hour drive, I'll visit as much as possible" Amanda pulled away from the hug, placing her hands on my face. I hadn't even realized I was crying until she started to wipe the tears away with the pads of her thumbs.

"You're still going to have Trey," She assured me. But having Trey around was the least of my worries right now. I knew he was always gonna be here. He promised. "W-Why can't we just come with you"

At those words, Trey stepped in, pulling me away from Amanda and into his arms. The hug lasted for a few seconds, before he hooked a finger under my chin so I would look at him. He glanced at Amanda before beginning to speak.

"How about this, Bug" He moved his hand so it was cupping the side of my face. Something he knew would help me to calm down and stop crying. "We can move closer to where Amanda's going" He suggested.

I knew he was referring to having a halfway point, making it more convenient for her to come to us and us to go to her. "Please" I pleaded softly. Trey looked back towards Amanda. "That sound good to you?" He asked her.

Usually I would have turned to her, but I knew I would begin crying again if i did. So my eyes stayed focused on Trey. Almost like a distraction from what was happening.

"If you can, that would be great" She replied.

Trey looked back down at me, a soft, fond smile presenting itself on his face.

"Then it's settled, we're officially moving in together, love bug"
==