N I N E

𝑻𝑹𝑬𝒀

Things with Ezra and I have been great for the last few days, Amanda and I decided it would be best for me to just stay here with them for the time being since Ezzy was so attached to me.

After the night Amanda and I talked about her choosing me to be his caregiver, Ezra slipped into a younger headspace, I believe around a few months old.

He's resorted to only crawling around and putting everything in sight in his mouth, including my nose once. But I'm not complaining. I think it just means he's comfortable enough around me to put himself in a more vulnerable position than he would with anyone else. Besides Amanda, of course, who told me she's seen him in a headspace this young before.

I used to sort of foster littles for a while and a lot of them were only in younger headspaces. Because of that, I knew taking care of Ezra while he was in this young of a headspace would be a breeze.

As of right now, I was cleaning up his room and putting his clothes and toys away while he was taking his nap for the day. I glanced over towards his bed, smiling slightly, at how cute he looked sleeping. He had Arlo, his dinosaur, clutched tightly to his chest as he gently suckled on his newest pacifier.

It had a bright green dinosaur on it, just like Arlo, who was a long neck, and his name was spelled out along the spine of the dino.

I got it for him the other day when I went out to get more clothes from my house.

That was the one time in the past few days that Ezra allowed me to leave without him. Just as I was finishing putting his clothes away, I began hearing him moving around more.

My attention was fully on him once I heard him start to whimper a little bit. I walked over, sitting on the side of the bed just as Ezra's eyes began to flutter open. "Hey baby," I whispered, brushing some hair away from his face.

He just stared at me, blinking every so often before reaching for me. I pulled Ezra into my lap and his laid his head on my shoulder gently.

"You have a good nap little one?" I say softly, rubbing small circles on his back. I got no response, only him cuddling closer to me.

After a little while of me holding Ezra and just rubbing his back, he began to cry. I assumed it was because he needed to be changed so I carried him over to the changing table, hushing him every so often and making sure he still had his pacifier.

The paci only worked for a short amount of time before he began to cry again.

"You hungry baby?" I asked, my voice softer than usual. "Maybe that's what it is" I whispered more-so to myself. With that said, I made my way down to the kitchen — Ezra in my arms of course — and started making him a bottle.

Amanda had already told me how he likes them just in case he ended up in a younger headspace, so I already knew what I was doing. I grabbed the milk from the fridge, pouring it into a clear bottle, which had pictures of dinosaurs all over it, adding a few drops of honey, before putting it into the microwave.

Ezra's cries were calming down slightly, reduced to small whimpers and some tears running down his face. I was walking around the kitchen rubbing his back and bouncing him slightly as I waited for his bottle to heat up.

Once I heard the microwave beep, I took the bottle out — making sure to test the temperature first — and made my way to the living room, sitting down on the couch to feed Ezra. I laid him down so that his head was in my lap.

I turned on a random Disney movie, before holding the bottle to Ezzy's lips. He instantly accepted it, calming down immediately. I smile crept onto my face when I noticed he wasn't watching the movie but was instead staring up at me.

With the hand that wasn't holding his bottle, I brushed the stray hairs away from his forehead. The whole time he was drinking from his bottle, he was just staring up at me. I glanced at the clock on the wall seeing it was now nearing 2pm. Amanda would be home from work soon as she was getting off early today.

I zoned out a little bit, just staring down at Ezra, but I was snapped back to reality when he began to whine and push the bottle away from his lips. I pulled the bottle away, setting it on the coffee table in front of me, and pulled him up so he was now sitting in my lap.

Ezra laid his head on my shoulder and cuddled close to me. I began to rub small circles on his back while bouncing him every so often. Before I knew it, he was asleep again. I had a pacifier on standby so, I slipped it between his lips, watching as it started to bob slowly.

I was so focused on just watching Ezra sleep, I didn't noticed Amanda coming in from work. I also didn't notice when she pulled her phone out to take pictures, that was until she made her presence known.

My eyes shifted to where she was standing next to the door, phone in hand, smile on her face. "Too cute" She whispered fondly. I mouthed back 'thank you' as a smile took over my own face.

I looked back down at Ezra, thinking of how my life changed, for the better, in only a few days. Being completely honest I never once thought I would become a forever caregiver to a little.

So far, it's been the greatest thing ever. 

==