T W E N T Y T H R E E

𝑬𝒁𝑹𝑨

"Wait, w-what?" I looked up at Trey, surprised at his words. We had been looking at apartments all day and said we liked a lot of them so hearing him say we were going to be living in this one caught me a little off guard.

"It's perfect, Ez" He told me, adoration filling his eyes as he looked up from me to glance around the room, before his eyes landed back on mine. "Too perfect to pass up"

A joyful, toothy, smile presented itself on my face at Trey's words. "I call the big room!" I shouted happily. "Inside voice, love bug" Trey shook his head at me with a small smile, and I covered my mouth sheepishly, realizing how loud I had been.

"Sorry," I whispered, feeling my cheeks heating up. "You can have whatever room you want, little dino" He told me, rustling my hair gently. I couldn't help the happy grin that appeared on face at the nickname.

It had been a while since Trey had called me that.

With that said, Trey and I made our way back down to the front desk, where he told the lady working that we wanted the apartment. Trey immediately began the paper work for us to call it ours.

There was a bit of negotiating I think? But being honest, I wasn't paying attention, I was watching The Lorax on my iPad. A little while later, Trey got my attention, saying that it was time for us to go.

I put my iPad back into my bag, before following Trey out to the car. "So, is it ours now?" I asked once we were back in the car. "Yes, Ezzy," He smiled at me. "It's ours now"

--

"Daddy, Ezzy can't find his iPad" I pouted, setting myself in daddy's lap. Once we got back to the house, I decided to slip into little space. It had been a few days since I was little anyways.

"Did Ezzy check is backpack?" I nodded. "His room?" Again, I nodded. Daddy made a humming noise, before standing up with me in his arms, causing me to giggle.

"How about we eat some food, and then go look for your iPad" Daddy suggested, carrying me into the kitchen, but I shook my head. "Ezzy can't eat witout his iPad" Was the statement that came out of my mouth.

All that I got in response was Daddy setting me down at the table, before crossing the floor towards the fridge. "Yes he can, he just doesn't want to" He eventually responded to me, after taking out some ingredients and setting them on the counter.

"Food is no fun witout Ezzy's iPad" I mumbled as a pout formed on my face, crossing my arms over my chest. "You'll be fine, Bug" Daddy shook his head at me, before beginning to make some dinner for us.

While he was distracted with cooking, I quickly, and quietly, snuck out of the kitchen to go look for my iPad.

My such ended, unfortunately, with no luck of finding my iPad. I did, however, find daddy's phone, which I now know the password to. I did a little happy dance, before sneaking back into the kitchen.

Luckily, he didn't even notice I had left.

Or so I thought.

"Ezra, where did you go?" Daddy questioned, without even turning around to look at me. There was no way he could have heard me creep back in, I was being so quiet.

"Huh? Ezzy didn't go nowhere" I pouted once he turned around to look at me. He raised a brow at me, almost like he was expecting me to confess, but I stood my ground, all while forgetting that I had his phone now.

That was until he mentioned it.

Daddy walked over to the table, picking the phone up and turning it off, before putting it into his pocket. "Where'd this come from?" He asked. I shrugged. "It grew legs" I tried my hardest to sound convincing.

He crouched down in front of me, grabbing my hands, before beginning to speak. "Ezzy, can you please eat dinner, just this once, without watching a show?" He asked gently. I could tell he didn't have ill intent with his words.

He just simply wanted us to have a normal dinner.

"Yes, I can" I looked down at my lap, before daddy lifted my head back up by my chin. "Thank you, little dino" He smiled softly. He stood up, leaving a gentle kiss on the tip of my nose, then retreated back to his station over by the stove.

I wonder what he was making.

Getting bored of waiting, I laid my head on the table, deciding to take a little nap until the food was ready. It was also a way to distract myself from not having my iPad to watch anything on.

Next thing I knew, daddy was waking me up, and sitting a plate of spaghetti and meatballs in front of me. My eyes lit up at the sight. This was one of my favorite things to eat.

"Thank you, daddy!" I said excitedly, before shoving a forkful of spaghetti into my mouth. "You're welcome, love bug" He smiled, ruffling my hair, and sitting down in front of his own plate of food.

I danced happily in my seat as I ate my food, thinking about this being my life now. I never once thought I would finally have a forever caregiver and now I have one.

I can't wait for what the rest of life will bring for us.

==