E I G H T E E N

𝑻𝑹𝑬𝒀

"Ow," I reached up, rubbing my neck, twisting my head around trying to sooth the pain. I had fallen asleep sitting against Ezra's door so of course my neck was going to hurt since I was sitting up. I picked my phone up from where it was sitting on the hardwood floor beside me, checking the time, seeing that it was almost 10 o'clock.

Amanda must not be home because she would have surely woken me up if she was. I remembered why I was sitting here, hurrying to stand on my feet once it hit me. I tried opening Ezra's door, finding that it was now unlocked. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding in, and pushed the door open, seeing him sprawled out in the middle of the floor, sleeping.

I smiled a little bit, realizing he was wearing one of my shirts and a pair of my shorts, holding my hoodie close to his chest. I walked over, gently picking him up to lay him down in his bed. The second he was in my arms, his eyes fluttered open. "Trey?" My heart melted a little bit at how soft his voice was due to him being tired.

"Yeah, Ezzy. It's me" I assured him as I began laying him in the bed. In return, he wrapped his arms around my neck tightly, refusing to let me put him down. "I'm sorry for running off" He mumbled, tiredness lacing his voice. I shook my head, sitting down on his bed, him in my lap. "No," I laid back on the bed, holding him close to me. "You've got nothing to be sorry for" I whispered, running my fingers through his hair.

"Should've.. Let you. e-explain" He cuddled closer to me, clearly falling back to sleep in the middle of speaking. "But my words hurt you, and I understand that," I pulled his blanket over us. "And I'm sorry for that, Ez" I apologized. "It's okay Tee-Tee" He gripped my shirt, nuzzling his face against it, a small smile forming on his face as he did so. "Just don't leave me" Was the last thing he said, before he passed out on my chest.

"Wouldn't dream of it Ezzy" I whispered, closing my eyes to drift off to sleep as well.

--

"Aww, isn't this just the cutest sight"

I opened my eyes, seeing Amanda standing over us, smiling. I weakly smiled back, as I was still half asleep, and brought Ezra closer to me. He was still peacefully sleeping, looking cute as ever. I let my eyes fall shut again, and when I opened them back up, Amanda was gone and Ezra was awake, picking with a loose thread on my shirt.

"Hey, love" I mumbled. His head popped up, breathing a little heavy when doing so, and put his hand over his heart. "You scared me" He said breathlessly. I chuckled gently, giving him a little squeeze. "Sorry,"

"You've been sleep all day" He told me, laying back down on my chest. "What time is it?" I asked, frowning when I realized my phone was nowhere to be found, that was until Ezra pulled it from under his legs, handing it to me sheepishly. I smiled, shaking my head at him, and took the phone from his grasp. I looked at the screen of my phone, completely forgetting to check the time once I saw the lock-screen.

Somehow, Ezra had managed unlock my phone while I was sleeping, and had changed the lock-screen to a picture of us two. I realized he had used a picture he just took, because we both had on our same outfits, and I was most definitely asleep. I looked down at him, watching the way he quickly turned his head away from me once I did.

"How'd you unlock my phone?" I asked softly, amused with the fact that he had done this. "Dunno," He shrugged, refusing to look back up at me. "I'm not mad, Bug" I assured him. He nodded, his head never leaving my chest, and whispered a quiet, 'okay'. Just then, I remembered to check the time, smiling again when I looked at my screen.

I saw that it was now almost 2:30 which shocked me a bit. I hadn't intended on sleeping this long. "Where's Amanda?" I asked Ezra, despite knowing he most likely hadn't left this spot since he woke up. I felt him shrug, before I felt my shirt being pushed up.

Before I knew it, Ezra had rested his index finger in the little dip that housed my belly button. I frowned in amusement, wondering what he was doing. "Your stomach is hairy" He giggled after a few seconds of silence.

I couldn't help but laugh, as well, at his words. "Then move your hand" I told him, teasingly. "Nope," He responded, making the 'p' in the word pop. I smiled, shaking my head, even though he couldn't see me. "How long have you been awake?" I asked him, running my fingers through his hair, twisting my fingers around the curly tufts that sat in the middle of his head.

"Since like 12" He mumbled.

"We should get up"

"But, you're comfy"

"And we need to start the day" I told him. "Half the day is already gone" He looked up at me. I instinctively brushed some hair away from Ezra's face. "I know, Bug" I told him. "But, we can't lay here all day"

"We already have" He mumbled, laying back on my chest. "Nope," I sat up, causing him to whine. "We're getting up" I turned so my legs were hanging off the bed, however, Ezra's arms were still wrapped securely around me. "No, I don't wanna get up" He whined again, trying to stop me from standing up. Eventually, I managed to release myself from his grip, leaving him to whine.

I went and used the bathroom, before returning back to Ezra's room, finding him in the exact same sport I left him in. "Tee-Tee, I'm hungry" He whined, hanging half way off his bed. "Then go get some food" I told him, looking through my bag for some clothes to put on. I eventually decided to just stay in what I was already wearing, giving the fact that half the day was already gone.

"Carry me" I could hear the pout in his voice, causing me to smile a bit. "You've got legs, Bug" I shook my head, turning around to face him. "No I don't" He pulled his blankets over the lower half of his body, hiding his legs. I chuckled, walking over to him, I pulled the blankets back. Ezra gasped and began wiggling his legs around. "Oh my goodness! They grew back!" He giggled looking up at me, amusement evident in his eyes.

"You're such a goofball"

Ezra eventually got out of bed, following me down to the kitchen. We found Amanda there, making chocolate fudge cupcakes, which I found to be Ezra's favorites from the way his face lit up when he realized what she was making. Somehow, the excitement of that had managed to make him slip back into his little space.

I grinned, watching him dance around the kitchen, covered in cupcake crumbs and frosting, after he had eaten about 3 of them. My favorite thing was just simply watching Ezra be happy.

Watching him be himself.
==