T W E N T Y T W O

𝑻𝑹𝑬𝒀

It had been a few weeks since Amanda had made the announcement about moving. Within that time, we've packed up most of the things in hers and Ezra's house and all of the things in mine.

She already had a place to stay so, by tomorrow she's going to be leaving so that she can settle in. Meanwhile Ezra and I were still trying to find a place that could work as a halfway point, so that we wouldn't have to move too far from what we already know.

Right now, we were driving around, looking at appartements, since we weren't sure we needed lots of space. I was, however, making sure it was at least close to a park for when Ezra is little.

I glanced over to Ezra, who was sitting in the passenger seat, playing a game on his iPad, before deciding to make conversation.

"So, how do you feel about this whole situation?" I asked him, moving my eyes back to focus on the road in front of me. I could see him shrug out the corner of my eye, before he spoke up.

"It's a little weird," He started, shifting in his seat slightly. "I mean, it's been years since I moved in with Amanda. So, I know it's gonna be a little weird not living with her"

I nodded, but before I could speak up he quickly added, "I'm not saying I don't want to live with you though!" A defensiveness in his tone, almost as if he was scared what he had said was implying that.

A chuckle slipped passed my lips, as I glanced over at him again, seeing that his eyes were wide and there was a slight pink tint to his cheeks. "I understand what you're saying Ezzy, don't worry" I assured him.

There was a sigh of relief, that escaped Ezra's lips, before he began speaking again. "I'm actually really happy to be moving in with you" His voice was quiet and soft. It seemed like he was hesitant to say those words out loud.

"If we're being honest, we were almost already living together. Once I met you I was rarely ever at my own place" I replied. "That's true" He said back.

"But, I'm happy to be moving in with you too, Ezra" I said truthfully. This is about the happiest I've been in a long time and it's all because of Ezra.

Soon enough, we were pulling up in front of the final apartment building for the day. It looked way better than the other ones we had looked at over the past few weeks.

Once we parked, Ezra turned off his iPad, sticking it inside his Triceratops backpack, before joining me outside the car. Despite not being little, he grabbed my hand, which he's been doing all day.

He told me holding my hand made him feel safe and protected, so who was I to say no to that. We walked into the building, hand in hand, greeting the older lady that was working at the front desk and telling her what we were there for.

The lady—who's name I learned was Margret—handed us a few sets of keys, telling us we could go ahead and have a look at the apartments and to let her know if we were interested in any of them.

We both thanked her, before heading up to the first of 3 apartments. The first two were on the seventh floor and the last one was on the tenth, meaning we were going to be pretty high up.

I was thanking my lucky stars that Ezra wasn't afraid of heights, whether he be big or little.

Once we arrived at the first one, I unlocked the door and Ezra let go of my hand, running off to explore just like he had done at the previous buildings.

I walked around slowly, taking everything in, imagining living here. After a little while of being there, we both decided it wasn't for us and moved on to the next one, which ended up being the same as the last.

We went up to the tenth floor, and I fell in love with the apartment the second we walked through the front door. The kitchen and living room were both nice sizes, a modern theme being displayed mostly in the kitchen.

The colors being a nice mix of black, grey and white. There were three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Two rooms could be mine and Ezra's and the other could be a guest room for whenever Amanda stays over.

Which she promised Ezra she would do as often as possible.

I heard a squeal from whichever room Ezra had run off to, prompting me to hurriedly go search for him. Soon enough, I found him in the master bedroom.

"Tee-Tee! Look at the balcony!" He exclaimed, pointing towards the sliding glass door that would lead to, as he had stated, the balcony. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and pulled him into my arms.

"You scared me," I mumbled into his hair. "I thought you were hurt" Ezra squeezed me tightly, before looking up at me. "I'm sorry, I just got excited" He said, his voice small.

"I know, Bug. And I'm not mad at you for that" I assured him. "Just promise me that next time you'll come and get me instead of squealing like that" Ezra nodded gently. "I promise," I smiled at him, kissing the tip of his nose, which caused him to giggle.

"Good boy" I praised him. He started smiling, but looked away to try and hide it. "Stop, I can't be little while we're here" He mumbled, hiding his face in my chest. I chuckled, knowing his statement was true, and let go of him.

Ezra grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the balcony. "I wanna live here," He said, staring at the view in awe. "'Me too, Bug"

"Look," I heard Ezra whisper from beside me. I looked over, thinking he was talking to me, and smiled when I realized he was talking to Leon and Arlo, his stuffed animals.

"Where did they come from, bubba?" I asked him, chuckling a little bit. "They were in my backpack" He mumbled sheepishly, as his face turned a light shade of pink.

I shook my head at him, fondly, before reaching my hand out for him to take. He put both his stuffed animals back in his bag, before grabbing onto my hand.

"You like this one right?" I asked, swinging our arms back and forth as we walked back through the apartment, just admiring it in its empty state. I imagined the movie nights we would have and the pillow forts we would make and such.

"Yeah, it's pretty and I like the view" He replied, pointing towards the window with a smile on his face. I nodded along, smiling as well.

"That's good," I pulled Ezra into a hug, which caused him to giggle.

"Cause we're getting it"
==