T W E N T Y F O U R

𝑻𝑹𝑬𝒀

"This bag is so heavy."

I shook my head, watching as Ezra faked the struggle to carry his bag down the stairs. The only thing in there being his stuffies, which I doubt had any actual weight to them.

"Tee-Tee help me" He pouted, before adding, "Please?" And giving me his famous puppy dog eyes. Of course, who was I to say no to that? I mean, I spoil the kid.

I got up from my place on the couch, taking Ezra's dark green dinosaur suitcase from his grip with ease. He stared at me in amazement as if I had just harnessed the wind or something. "This bag isn't heavy, Ezra."

He followed behind me, eventually bumping into me when I stopped walking. "Yes, it is, especially because of Arlo" He said, before leaning closer to me. "Do you know how much he weighs?" He whispered, as if trying to not hurt the stuffed dinosaurs' feelings and make him self-conscious about his weight.

A smile formed on my face, as I once again shook my head at Ezra. I was loving how he was getting more comfortable with not being little while around me, but I was also loving the way he continues to play the little games with his stuffies no matter what.

It was just simply adorable in my opinion. I turned around towards him, before picking him up and throwing him over my shoulder. Ezra squealed as he tried to escape my grip but all I did was begin to tickle him a bit causing him to erupt into a fit of giggles.

"Cmon, you little monster, we've got more things to move" I announced as I carried him back up to his room.

Ezra and I were finally moving into our new apartment. It had been about a week since we got it but we wanted to make sure that Amanda was at least mostly settled in at her place before we made any moves. She told us she would be fine but, of course, Ezra wasn't trying to hear it.

He told her we were going to stay right here until she was settled in.

I sat him down on his feet once we reached his room, taking in the emptiness of it all. Almost everything had already been put into the moving truck with the exception of a few boxes and his bed.

Ezra told me he wanted to get a new bed for the new apartment, saying he wanted a 'big boy bed'. When I asked what that meant, he specifically told me he wanted a queen-sized bed. I was surprised with his specific measurements, but I of course agreed.

As we all know by now, I would do any and everything to make Ezra happy.

"What are we gonna do about Terrence and Fawn?" He asked, pointing to the fish that were sitting in their tank on the floor. "We'll just have to put them back in the cups they came in for now" I told him, watching as the fish swam around the tank curiously.

"Okay, I'll go get them" Ezra announced before running off the find the cups for the fish. I could tell he was just trying to get everything done faster. In his eyes, the sooner we're done packing, the sooner we'll be in our new home.

Ezra eventually ran back into his room, carrying the empty cups for his fish, before somehow managing to scoop both of them into their respective temporary homes.

Before either of us knew it, we had everything packed and in the moving truck. Amanda decided she was going to drive my car to the apartment while Ezra and I were in the moving truck, which I highly appreciated.

"Ez, you ready?" I asked, looking over to where Ezra was standing in the kitchen. He turned around, smiling slightly, with tears in his eyes. "This is where we met" He pointed towards the spot in the middle of the floor where he was sitting in his dino onesie. "I know" I replied, walking over to where he was standing.

"My life changed so much that day" I rustled his hair a bit. "Wouldn't have it any other way" Ezra looked up at me, smiling at my words, before grabbing my hand. "Ok, we gotta go!" He announced, dragging me towards the front door.

I couldn't help but laugh at his antics.

--

"But you said I could have the big room!" Ezra argued with me after realizing all of my stuff had been moved into the room he had chosen "I know what I said, love" I replied calmly in hopes that it would help him to calm down. "But I don't think it would be a good idea for you to have the room with the balcony."

I had taken some time to think about it, and realized, Ezra having the room with the balcony wouldn't be the best idea, so many things could go wrong in that situation with him being little.

"But you promised" He whispered, his voice beginning to sound childlike, as well as tears brimming his brown eyes. I knew I had to think fast on my feet in order to stop the tears from spilling over.

"How about this, you can sleep in here with me whenever you want, okay?" I proposed, hoping that would be enough to keep him from crying. "Whenever?" He sniffled quietly. "Whenever, lovebug" I promised him, which caused him to smile. His eyes were still glossy from the tears, but he looked adorable, nonetheless.

"Imma be in your room every night" He grinned as he began skipping away towards the kitchen.

I could see it now, that he was one hundred percent serious about his statement. Not that I would mind in the slightest. I followed after him once I began hearing giggles and squeals.

Once I reached the kitchen, my eyes were blessed with the sight have Amanda tickling Ezra and him now reaching for me given the fact that I was in his line of sight.

"Dada! Save me!" He managed to get out between giggles. I smiled as I made my way over to them, taking Ezra from Amanda's grasp. "Leave my baby alone" I playfully scolded her, holding Ezra in my arms as if to protect him from her.

"He's just so cute!" She exclaimed, poking at his sides. Ezra wrapped his arms securely around my neck and laid his head on my shoulder. "Dada, Ezzy love you" He whispered quietly.

My heart warmed at his words and I grinned, despite him not being able to see my face.

"Dada loves you too Ezzy" I kissed his cheek gently. "Forever and always" I promised him.

And that was true, I was going love and cherish him until the earths end, no matter what.

==