Chapter 12: Neverending Saga

‼️SPOILER ALERT FOR TCF BOOK 2‼️

            ‼️I REPEAT, SPOILER ALERT
                       FOR TCF BOOK 2‼️

After winning the war in the Henituse territory Cale gotten back into the Breck kingdom for another battle with the bear tribe, lion tribe and knights of the empire as well as to continue the battle between him and the dragon half-blood.

The two tribes had been imprisoned of war, the breck kingdoms knight fought with the northern alliance, the knights, soldiers taken down the indomitable alliance flag, and the dragon half-blood eventually fall down and was held captive by Cale's group.

"Hyung-nim, you have promised to give me the slacker life I had dreamed of. How long still do I have to wait? My patience is getting thinner."

"Are you really suppose to ask me that? Why don't you reflect to your actions? Your behavior itself is a threat to your future."

Neither of the two parties spoke after that, Alberu ended the video communication call without waiting for his dongsaeng's response and brushed his palms on his face with a long sigh.

'There's still a long way to go.'

•••

Another war arised and  followed by another one, war against the ARM, Whipper kingdom war, Breck kingdom war, the existence of the world tree, George of Death war, hide and seek with the Imperial prince, magic tower war, the twins revenge, fire in the north, meeting the guardian knight of the north, coughing blood *faints*,  meeting with Mary, the Imperial palace war where the first battle with the White Star took place, more dragons, northern coastline war, the whale tribe war against the merfolks, *more coughing blood*, deceiving the White Star with a top notch acting skill, the confrontation with the Sealed God, the test inside the alternate world, the meeting with the vampires, another war with the White Star, and the puzzle city war.

"Cale-nim.."

"Young master Cale.."

"Cale Henituse.."

"Human!"

Everyone gathered around his bed while calling out his name, he don't want to open his eyes but the people inside the room seemed to expand more and more while pretending to sleep. He was about to open his mouth, it was at that moment.

Bang!

Huff. Huff. Huff.

"What is this?"

Alberu reflexively shoot a frown after seeing the attendant assigned in the crown's palace barging inside the room in a mess up state. They were currently inside Alberu's chamber in the crown's palace after defeating the chimera inside the temple in the puzzle city, Cale gave his final resort with everything he have using his 'embrace' ability that his team leader used to aquire combined with his own 'instant' ability that lead his whole body to crack every single move he take.

Of course the consequences for using that dangerous ability was known beforehand but there was no other options, the dragon Mila had treated his body with leisure care through her 'connect' attribute.

Laying in the bed aware of the sudden exploit he didn't dare to open his eyes at the ominous feeling that run down his spine and paid close attention to what the other party is about to deliver.

"Calm down and say the word."

At Alberu's haste tone, the attendant gulped, he didn't know how to deliver the words properly without a crack in his voice and as he was contemplating how to phrase it properly, words eventually slip his mouth.

"T, the royal palace! The royal palace has collapse!"

"..."

"What?"

The room fell into silence, the first one to react was Ron followed by Eruhaben's small gasp that only the people within the bed could hear.

'What?'

It was truly shocking, even Cale whose laying on the bed couldn't help it, the tip of his eyelashes shook menacingly. He gripped the blanket underneath as his palm grew cold.

"His m, majesty– the king went missing!"

"Father?"

This time Alberu blurted out a word.

'''The king went missing!?'''

Everyone was once again startled at the information but that's not the end of it, the attendant said something next that made Cale's heart to beat wildly, he groan and everyone shifted they head to his direction.

"Cale-nim!"

"Human! You're awake! What's wrong?!'

His chest is burning with extreme pain that made it hard for him to breath, Eruhaben aided him to lean on the head board but any of these didn't matter to him, he beckon to the attendant with his head to continue that made the attendant who saw his current situation to interrupt his breath.

"There was n, no trace of any infiltration or any magic devices! The mages had trace the location where the explosion happened but they couldn't find anything!"

"..Is that even possible?"

"If there is no trail of magic then it's not mana.."

Eruhaben who showed a serious expression confirmed Rosalyn's hypothesis, whils Alberu showed no sign of immediate action.

"B, but! There is a strange rumor going around among mages! Th, they said it's a different magic no, rather it's a different mana!"

"A different mana?"

"There might be different mana, all we know about is still far from what's beyond the world. I learned this from the book of the Sage of Death."

Mary is right, if there are no traces of mana and no sign of break in then the enemy must be high skilled if they couldn't leave a single trace of their existence, they should be more skilled than Ron if that is the case.

"It's, it's... White Mana!! It's White Mana!"

"White mana?"

"I haven't heard of that before."

After hearing about that, Alberu held Taerang tighter.

'If Eruhaben-nim an ancient dragon is not familiar with it.. what kind of existence could they be?'

Auck!

"Cale!"

At Alberu's cry, tears started to fill Cale's vision after spilling the two words that left the attendant's mouth Cale's body feels like ripping apart, it's as if he had gotten back to that moment when he used his instant ability, the vitality of the heart is generating like crazy, wind started to gather around his palm combined with a flicker of rose gold light.

It was at that moment, the super rock and Cale spoke at the same time.

–Cale it's the hunters.

"Those fvcking hunter bastard!"

————

The end!