Chapter 16: God In A Bottle

One of the restricted islands of the Eastern continent, there traveled an alcoholic who couldn't survive a day without having a glass of various kinds of wine.

In the middle of desert, he walk his leg like a kite, couldn't balance properly.
He shove the bottle of wine in his mouth, but there are no longer drops of liquid to gulp of which brings ecstasy to the man.

It was then that he stumbled upon something, his left foot struck into something hard that caused him to hit his nose into another hard object. When he opened his eyes, what welcomed him is a shiny neck of a bottle.

Swissssh

He sat up with shoulder hunched over and stared on the bottle half covered by the sand. The man  frown at the unusual aura emitting from the bottle, it's giving him an ominous feeling. While staring at the bottle for who knows how long, his mind was wandering off around the western continent.

The man came back to his senses after feeling the mellow whisper-like voice. He sprung up from the sand and contemplated for ages before extending both arms and dug the bottle with his bare hands.

Finally, he got his hands on the thing, it was a long-necked wine bottle covered in gnashes. This made the man's eyes go round with anticipation, before he could chug open the bottle of wine, an explosion erupted.

BOOM!

Smoke emerged from everywhere and an embodied figure made out of black smoke arises from the bottle. With a pair of red crescent like-eyes, a heavy voice came out from the blackened figure.

"Greetings human."

The used to be beautiful blue hair stuck out like spikes that looked like they're struck by a lightning as the pair of glasses blackened entirely almost breaking apart. When he raised his head, an other worldly presence welcomed his eyes.

"Wow, what are you some kind of a genie?"

"Let me do the introduction."

"Sure, so you're really a genie? Wow, do you grant wishes then?"

"LEAVE ME THE INTRODUCTION."

The black smoke lost its grain-like patience and widened its domain which caused the man to choke. The black smoke went thicker but the figure paid no heed to the suffocated mercenary king.

"Geurk! Haa! Gasp!"

Seeing the latter fighting for breath, the smoke subconsciously turned away and ignored the weak voice asking for help.

"Foolish human, do you not know who I am?"

"Gasp! Hngg... me go.."

"Insolent! By the night of eternal abyss, and  light of divination! Afterlife and hell! Living or by dead! The scythe will follow forth!"

'God of... Death!'

"You must be courting death!"

He finally got freed from that cursed bottle and the first thing to welcome him is a mess up grown man who don't look like one, he is an idiot! The God of Death never wanted to go back inside that bottle again, looking back at the reason why he ended up in this state, he no longer wants to remember. Still he was grateful for he was finally found.

Ahem!

"If you want to survive, you must use your brain, you are aware of my identity, but you did nothing. How do you think I can I help you with that?"

Bud was really taken aback after figuring out the identity of the smoke, it was beyond his comprehension like how could a god, especially the God of Death! How could he get stuck inside a bottle of wine?