Chapter 20: April Fools Special

Cale has been on edge in the last few weeks since Alberu's coronation.

Ron: Young master-nim, why don't you stay at the inn in the mean time? It will probably help ease down your mind.

Choi Han who has been staying in Cale's room looked at him with concern clearly painting his eyes. The children were out together with Mary searching for corpses in the forest of darkness, Cale wanted to participate in the hunt ran by the children but Sherrit affirms him he should rest and just laid back.

Cale: I can't even remember what I have been investing myself in things these days.

Cale: I.... missed drawing blood.

Everyone: 0_0

Everyone: !!!!

Cale: I should pay Endable a visit.

Everyone: NOOOOO!!

Cale flinched at the burst of response, he thought since the statues of gods has been taken care of by the dark elves under Duke Fredo's orders things should began to calm down now. Taking everyone's response as exaggeration, Cale placed his palm right on his chest where the tattoo of the vitality of the heart is imprinted.

Cale contemplated: I have been having this ominous feeling whenever the temple of the God of Death requests a video communication, I had Raon decline their pesterings, but worst might come to the estate anytime soon.

“I have to ask the God of Death himself in person.”

Everyone: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron: *silently takes out the dagger*

Baecrox: *wears several layers of white gloves*

Choi Han: *violently unsheathed the sword*

Eruhaben: *gathers a huge number of golden arrows emanating strong gust of golden mana*

The moment Cale's body wobble here and there, everything was already too late.

Inside the seemingly office painted with black and white hues, there sat over the desk the handsome features of a man in robe.

God of Death: Uhh... I never expected you would be this willful to see my face.

Cale: (-_- 💢)

The God of Death drew a conflicted expression, he had only gave a minor revelation to the temple situated in the western continent's Roan Kingdom, he had never imagined it would turn out like this. He squeezed his brain dry to come up with a smooth welcoming pleasantries.

God of Death: So, mnn, Happy April Fools? Hehe...

Cale: GODDAMN YOU GOD OF DEATH!