༻𓊈𒆜🎢 𝔸𝕃𝕋𝔼ℝℕ𝔸𝕋𝕀𝕍𝔼 𝔼ℕ𝔻𝕀ℕ𝔾 🎢 𒆜𓊉༺

(Alternative ending aka if the book's only chapter was the prologue.)

Before I reluctantly handed over my Blackberry phone and backpack, which contained my cherished diary and various other personal belongings, I glanced at the time. The clock read 06:16 PM, and the ride was scheduled to end at 06:20 PM, lasting only a brief three minutes. I knew the ride would commence at precisely 06:17 PM.

As I prepared to secure the harness around myself, unsettling and horrifying images began to invade my mind. They played like a terrifying slideshow, causing my heart to race and my palms to sweat.

"PENNY!"

Panic gripped me, and I began to fidget nervously in my seat. Tears welled up in my eyes, streaming down my face as I struggled to regain control.

"I have to get out! Please!" I pleaded desperately, my cries echoing through the air. I must have appeared like one of those spoiled children throwing a tantrum when confronted with something they disliked.

I sobbed uncontrollably, swatting at the air in a futile attempt to ward off the encroaching dread. I was engulfed in a full-blown panic attack, consumed by the terrifying possibilities that awaited me.

"Sir/ma'am/Mx, are you okay? Please calm down," one of the workers approached, concerned by my distress.

"BUT I DON'T WANNA DIE!" I wailed, my fear echoing through the bewildered crowd.

Minutes stretched on as I continued to sob, overwhelmed by my escalating terror. Eventually, the entire group decided to disembark from the ride, their patience exhausted.

"Hey, are you alright?" Mischa asked, trying to console me. But his words only intensified my anguish, and I sobbed even harder, crippled by my overwhelming fear.

"Stop crying those crocodile tears, (Y/N). We all know you're doing this because you're scared," Noel joked, attempting to lighten the mood.

"But I saw our deaths! That rollercoaster is a death sentence!" I sniffled, my voice trembling with raw emotion.

Ocean, understanding the depth of my distress, placed her hands gently on my shoulders. "Hey, (Y/N), everything will be alright. Let's go on the flying chairs to lift your spirits, okay?"

"NO! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" I cried out, my fear now encompassing every amusement ride, believing each to be a potential death sentence.

Tears continued to flow as we made our way back to the entrance, intending to inform Father Marcus and request that he take me home. My sobs echoed through the park, drawing concerned glances from those nearby.

"What's your home phone number? We'll call your parents on the landline to arrange for your return and provide comfort—" Father Marcus began to say, but his sentence was abruptly cut short by a cacophony of screams and a thunderous crash in the distance.

All heads turned in the direction of the commotion, and our eyes widened in shock as we witnessed the rollercoaster derail and plummet to the ground.

"HOLY SHIT!" Mischa shouted, a mix of disbelief and horror in her voice.

A collective sense of dread settled over our group as the park workers hastily instructed everyone, including us, to evacuate the premises. With trembling hands and heavy hearts, we retreated to the safety of the van.

Inside the vehicle, a wave of solemnity enveloped us. Each of us instinctively reached for our phones, texting our parents as the van carried us back to our respective homes. Tears continued to flow, the reality of our narrow escape sinking in, leaving us emotionally shaken and forever changed by the day's events.