Chapter 3: Sick.

After that day Monty would try to find ways to talk to you. Even if it was little awkward chitchat, he'd make an attempt. You didn't exactly know why but it made him happy so you didn't quite mind. Right now you were walking with Monty while you did your work. He kept talking about this new plushie they were making and he was helping them with the design. He seemed kind of excited for it.

"So it's a Fazerblast edition plush?" "Yeah!" Monty grins with excitement clearly shown on his dark freckled face. "I have the first one! Maybe after work you can see it! It's in my room though." Monty's grin turns into a frown. "Nah, maybe tomorrow I'll bring it here instead." "Don't like people in your room?" You question and he keeps quiet for a little but silently nods. He didn't want to admit that it was a huge mess from him wrecking it. He kind of felt insecure about it and didn't want you to judge him. "Alright." You nod in understanding and he sighs. "So what made you want this job?" "I moved but my last job couldn't transfer me since they didn't have any buildings around here." You glance at him then look forward so you wouldn't bump into someone. "So I had to quit and my friend recommended this place. It first I didn't really want the job but the pay is good so I couldn't refuse it." "What was your last job? These people don't just hire anyone for the guard positions." "I was a nightguard at some popular mall. I was surprised when they said they didn't have a mall here but then I saw this place and realized it'd go bankrupt with all the people coming here instead." You shrug. "Oh well. I was getting bored with the whole mall idea anyway. Nightshift sucks."

Monty nods and goes to talk until a family walks up to the both of you and takes his attention. His face shows a noticeable uncomfortability since he was trying to spend some time with you but the family ignores it as they beg for pictures and whatnot. You sigh since they were blocking the thin path so you turn and leave causing Monty to get a little upset as he takes pictures and signs the kid's plushies they bought from the gift shop near the elevator. "Thanks for stopping by! Come again!" Monty waves them off once they were satisfied with all the photos and decide to finally leave. Monty quickly looks around for you since he wasn't done talking but he isn't able to find you so he hurries to Jim. "Where's Y/n?" "She had to use the bathroom real quick. She'll be back." "Oh."

Jim raises a brow at Monty's sad expression. He's never seen sadness come from Monty before. This was a rare sight and for a person too? "You like Y/n?" Jim suddenly questions gaining the man's attention. "She's... Ok." Monty awkwardly mumbles and looks away causing Jim to smile since Monty was getting embarrassed. "Yeah, she's pretty cool." "What time does she get here?" Monty looks at Jim causing Jim's smile to fall and his eyebrows furrow. "Excuse me?" "For work, what time does she get here?" "Oh, uh..." Jim thinks for a bit. "One, I think... She likes to spend time at the Faz-Pad." "One?" Monty frowns. Rockstar Row is only open from 8 A.M. to 12! Even though he doesn't allow people in his room, he could have walked around and hung out with you somewhere. "Darn..." Monty grumbles and clenches his fists. What is he gonna do now?

"You always have a busy schedule, Monty." Jim sighs. "Tuesdays and Thursdays are performance days, the rest of the days you're stuck in Rockstar Row or Monty's Golf." "It comes with the job." Monty sighs. He didn't exactly have a choice neither... "Sorry, that breakfast sandwich did not do well today..." You walk over with an uncomfortable frown since your stomach was hurting. "Do you need to rest?" Jim asks worriedly. "I'm sure Cammie wouldn't mind letting you rest up for the day if you want to go home. We only have 2 hours left anyway." "Nah, I can last. It's still under a week and I don't want to ruin my reputation in this job. I don't want them to think I don't take this job seriously." "Pfft, nah. After what you did for Monty that day, I honestly think Cammie loves you! She'll never think that! Like seriously, she bragged about it." "Pfft, really?" You smirk and he nods. "Yep! The areas have a little competition, ya know? Mazercise, Roxy's Raceway, and Monty's Golf like to brag about their best workers and you're definitely on that list. As a matter of fact, she's been bragging that you're new and already a top tier worker." Jim rolls his eyes and you shake your head. "Wow."

"Actually..." Jim mumbles. "You're a pretty good worker. Kinda like you've been doing this stuff for years... How old are you?" "23." "What?!" Jim's eyes widen. "23?!" "Mhm." You nod. "My last job was my first. I was a nightguard at some mall." "That's a serious job for a young woman, Y/n! They don't just allow anyone as a nightguard now-a-days!" "I know but I managed to convince them that I'm good for the job." You shrug. "Turns out I actually was and they kept me." "Wow..." Jim sighs. "And about that conflict before? How did you manage to keep so calm?" "Hm, siblings." You nod. "I have two siblings who used to love to piss me off or fight with each other. I learned that fighting fire with fire doesn't really work. Also, you have to be calm enough to plan ahead. If I was angry, it wouldn't have stopped because I would have never come up with a plan to make the guy nervous. Anger solves nothing." You shake your head and Monty looks away since he knew he would be the first to punch a person in the face out of anger.

"Wow..." Jim chuckles. "Yeah, you're definitely the best here. Although I heard those little comebacks when you were talking with that man~" Jim grins and you blush a bit and look away out of embarrassment. "Ok, I was mad too." "I get it." "Ugh, dammit..." You grumble and hold your stomach. "Fuck..." "Are you ok?" Jim frowns in worry and you nod. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm good." Monty finally looks at you and places a hand on your shoulder. "You should go home." "Nah, I'm good." "Y/n." Monty says in a stern voice and you move his hand. "Monty." You repeat in a calm voice. Monty huffs in annoyance then, in his loud voice, speaks to Cammie who was on the bottom floor. "Y/n's going home!" "Monty!" You finally raise your voice and he glares at you.

"Listen, Y/n. This is MY area. I am responsible for my worker's health, got it? Get your ass home and rest. I'll see you when you're feeling better." "But-" Monty turns and leaves without hearing your reply causing you to sigh in annoyance. "Hm. First time seeing Monty give a damn." Jim folds his arms then looks at you since he was watching Monty walk down the stairs. "He's right though. You don't look so well so go rest, ok?" "I-" You cover your mouth and hurry back into the restroom to throw up causing Jim to shake his head in disappointment. "Yeah, you need to go home." He whispers to himself since you were already gone.