Chapter 6: Denied.

"Are you sure he's ok?" You frown and fold your arms. Cammie sighs since she could see the obvious worry on your face. "Y/n, this is Monty we're talking about. He just wanted a little change up, that's all." "Change up?" You raise a brow and she nods. "Yeah! And the plex liked the idea so they closed him off from the customers for a little. I know it's been over a week and you miss him, but-" "I don't miss him, I'm just worried." "Heh, sure." Cammie rolls her eyes. "Anyway, he should be back soon so don't worry too much." "Alright..." You sigh and she checks the time. "Alright, let's get to work, mk?" She gets up. "With or without Monty, the golf area will be open." You nod and get up from your seat since you both were hanging out at the Faz-Pad before work.

  Another week passes and you finally hear that Monty is back so the first thing you do is get there at 11:30 to buy him his favorite doughnut. You figured why not since he rarely gets them. When you get to Rockstar Row, you're surprised to see the signs down and Monty's curtains wide open along with a huge crowd surrounding the window but nobody was inside except Monty who was chilling on his couch with a bored expression. You walk over to the door and knock but don't get a response nor does the door open. "It's Y/n!" You have to yell loudly since the people were very loud. Monty unlocks the door and grins. "Y/n!" He grabs your arm and drags you into the room. "Wow." You look around. The room was fixed and repainted. You never saw the wrecked room before but Cammie told you what it looked like. Now it was brand new. Even Monty's outfit was better. It was the same except there were no more visible stitches and the rips were all fixed up and nice. You look up at Monty's face, seeing a big smirk on his face. "Like it?" "Hm." You think as you keep looking at his outfit. "I think you look good no matter what you wear, honestly." You give him a little box that had his doughnut in it and he starts to blush a little. "T-thank you." He takes it and smiles. 

  "I haven't let anyone else in this room yet! I wanted you to step foot in my brand new room!" "Why?" You tilt your head a bit and he shrugs. "Because you made me want to change..." He whispers and looks away with dark cheeks since he was blushing. You smirk since you heard him. "Oh, you're just the cutest." "N-no." He frowns at you. Was he pouting? "D'awe. Cutie." "No! Scary!" He points at himself. "Badass!" "Pfft." You roll your eyes playfully then look around. The room was very nice. He even has new things like little hanging stars and a crescent moon. You assume they glow in the dark too. The broken arcade game was taken out and a little decorative drum set was put there instead along with a guitar similar to the one he plays that was hung up on the wall above his new couch.

  "U-um..." Monty sets the box down on the vanity table then clears his throat. "I, uh... got you a new uniform." He looks at you and you frown. "Really?" "Yes." Monty nods as he searches for a box he had it in. "Because you now have a new job." "What?" Your eyes widen. "Wait, without my permission? Monty!" "Hold on! Please. Let me talk, ok?" He stops searching and looks back at you. "Speak." You glare at him and he chuckles nervously. "I want you to be my personal guard. Like, uh... Can't really say body guard... Look we all have guards near our rooms. Since my room is re-opening, I don't have one. I want you to permanently be my guard, not just for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Your hours will be 8 to 12 now." "Monty, that's not enough hours! I-I can't! Ugh..!" You cover your face and Monty moves around uncomfortably since he was feeling  a little nervous. "I-I never fully changed your job... I-It was more an idea..." "Look, Monty... I love spending time with you, ok? But that really isn't enough hours to get by in this world!" "W-well what if I could change that?! How about, um... You can guard the stage on performance days!! Hm?" "All day?! So, I'll be guarding your room and the stage?? Now that's too many hours!" "Uh-" "Monty, I think it'd be best if I stay at the golf area and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll be your guard, ok?" "But-" "No buts." "But..." Monty stops and looks down sadly with a small nod as he gives up rather quickly. "Yeah, alright..." "Ok." You sigh and shake your head. "I'll see you later at work, ok?" "Yeah." Monty nods and speaks with a cold tone then turns and goes back to the couch.

  You frown a little since you knew he was hurt that you turned down the job, but he doesn't understand that you don't live in a world where everything is free like he does. Doing his idea was very complicated... You knew he just wanted to spend time with you. It was obvious since he was so clingy towards you. He doesn't really have anyone but you after all... But the two worlds you both live in are different and it just wasn't meant to happen his way. You quietly turn and leave.

  Meanwhile, Monty's back in his thoughts. If it's because of the money, maybe he could convince them to raise up the money for the hours? Monty's always been good at getting what he wants because if he doesn't, he'll raise hell and wreck things. Can he do it again so you'd want the job...? But even if you did get the job, you both wouldn't get time together still. Since he's open again, everyone will want to see him so he'll be busy for weeks! Maybe even a few months! "I'll figure something out..." Monty stares at the ground as a huge frown slowly forms on his lips. "I just have to. I have to."