Chapter 8: Powerless.

A few days pass after what had happened and Monty started noticing something strange. It didn't take him long to see it too. You were scared of him. You were uncomfortable. It wasn't something he meant to happen because he'd never want to scare the girl he cares so much for. The thought of losing you hurts but seeing your face and seeing how uncomfortable you were with him sometimes hurts just as bad.

  Well today he wants to confront you about it. Normally you'd do that, but... You never did... Monty clears his throat as he checks the time from the clock on the wall in the break room. He was waiting for you since you'd take a quick break for lunch sometimes when there weren't a lot of people and today was very empty. Monty stays seated at the little white table as he nervously taps the table with his fingers. Again, he checks the time. Two minutes has passed but it felt longer as things were racing in his mind. What if you know he's waiting for you? If you do, will you avoid eating here because of him? Would you get angry? Scared? Monty gulps and looks down. He didn't like the thought of seeing your scared face... You were the only one who understood him most. You... You have to understand, right? Monty's different and you should have known that before you met him. Before you became friends with him. Right?

  Monty shakes his head to clear those negative thoughts. "Think positive. Be stronger." Monty sighs. "Y/n does not want a weak, scared man. No, she knows you are better than this. She-" "Is standing right here." Monty hears a familiar beautiful voice and freezes up. His hands clasp tightly together as he stares with wide eyes at the white wall in front of him as he starts to feel his cheeks burn of embarrassment. 'She heard me. Oh shit. Oh shit.'

  You sigh and sit at the square table with him but his wide eyes never left the wall in front of him. "You are right." You put a bag on the table. "I do not like weak, scared men." You pull a sandwich out and Monty lets out a shaky sigh. He finally gets to talk to you yet he has nothing to say. 

  "U-Um..." He glances at you and sees you eating while on your phone texting someone. "Who are you texting?" "My friend James." "James? Oh, uh, the guy that works at, um..." Monty thinks for a minute. "Roxy's...?" "Yep." "Coolio..." Monty nods and awkwardly looks down at the table. "Yeah, he's nervous because he's going on a date today and doesn't know what to wear." "Oh, really? Heh.." "Yeah." You shrug. "I swear he overthinks everything sometimes." "Right, right..." Monty turns his full body towards you and finally lets out the question he's been dying to ask. "Do you fear me?" 

  "Hm?" You look up at him from your phone. "Do you... Um.." Monty starts to get nervous since you were staring him right in the eyes causing him to look away. "..Hate me..?" You sigh and look down at your phone. "No, I do not hate you. Although what you did was scary. Monty, you need to understand that you are not human." "I-I know! I-" "Hold on, I'm not done." You frown and he keeps quiet. "With that being said, you are stronger than him. You are bigger and scarier to him. He's just a man. A foolish, idiotic human. Now, he can hurt someone too, right? He could have hurt me or another girl, yeah?" "M-mhm..." Monty slowly nods and you sigh. "You were not built to act out in front of a whole bunch of people violently." "But-" "You cannot do that, Monty. The owners of this place will only let your violence get so far but they WILL dispose of you if you keep it up." 

  Monty gets up and angrily glares at you. "They'll throw me out anyway! Don't you realize that once this place is done for I go down with it?!" "Monty.." "No! NO!" Monty angrily clenches his fists as he holds back tears. You weren't looking at him... Was his anger scaring you? "I-I..." Monty covers his face with his hands. He really didn't know what to do right now. What could fix this? He doesn't care about that dumb man's safety or what the workers and owners here think! He cares about your opinion only!

  You nervously slide your finger around the corner of the table. "Monty, please listen, ok?" You keep a calm voice hoping it'd help him calm down. "You can't hurt people... You can't-" "I can! And I will!" Monty slams his fist down on the table causing you to tense up and jump. "If a man lays his fingers on you, there's always going to be a problem! I don't know what I did wrong!!" Monty yells and shakes his head. "I protected you! Me! I did! Nobody else was helping you out! They were stupid bystanders and you're scared because I only protected you-" "I'm not scared because of that!" You stand up from your seat. "You showed absolutely no remorse. As a matter of fact, I think you enjoyed watching him cower on the floor! You-you, ugh! I don't know you!" You clench your fists and Monty's eyes widen. 

  You sigh and try to calm down. "When I saw what you did... I... Didn't know you like I thought I did." You look away. "You weren't the hot-headed goofy gator man I knew. You were a monster." You look at your food that was on the table; anything that wasn't his eyes.  "You... Didn't care if that man was dead or alive in front of you. No... You only cared that he was lower than you. Weaker..." You grab your stuff. "I... I don't like people like that either." You frown and finally look up at him. "I'm sorry. I... I need time alone, ok? Some time to, uh... Think..." You push in your chair and quickly leave, leaving Monty shellshocked.