Chapter 12: Good gator.

As usual, a few more days pass and things seem to be getting pretty normal again. Eh, except for Kova bothering you... He's a stubborn one. Jasmine was still avoiding you and clinging to Monty and, though you already expected this, Jim and James went on a date and hit it off. Literally the next day Jim told you he bought James a strawberry shortcake like you told him to and James was already calling Jim for another date. He's got another in about a week on their next break, he said. 

  You smile a little at the thought of them. 'Look at you now, James. I remember when you were so afraid to be openly gay and now look.' You sigh. 'Man, I really hope Jim's the one. Seriously, James can't handle any more idiots breaking his heart.' You yawn and see Cammie walk over to you. "Hey, Y/n. Faz-Pad good?" She sits in front of you and you nod. "Yeah. Doing better than that crazy breakfast sandwich they sold me that one time, uck." You shiver in disgust and Cammie chuckles. "Right. Um, how's... Kova?" She awkwardly looks out of the big window to avoid your eye contact. "Annoying. Seriously, how can you like that guy?? He won't leave me alone!" You frown. "Tch, I dunno..." She frowns sadly and looks down at the table. "I guess you never really see the red flags when you really like someone..." "Good thing I've never experienced that shit..." You grumble and she shakes her head. "Don't say that. You will and it'll hurt because you won't know what to do next because you've never experienced it." "We'll see." You pick up your iced coffee and she sighs. "But... At least you have friends, right?" She looks up at you and leans her head on the palm of her hand while her elbow was on the table. 

  "Hm..." You think for a bit. "Yeah, I have you, James, and Jim." "Oh! Oh! That reminds me~" Cammie smirks. "Jim has been coming in a little cheery recently. You don't happen to know why, do you?" "Heh," You take a sip of the iced coffee. "Maybe." "Oh, do tell! Do tell!!" She yells impatiently. You roll your eyes and smile. "He's seeing James. They really-" "Really?! Oh, James is such a sweetheart! I can see this relationship really turning into something big and I love it!" Cammie claps her hands together. "Wait, you know James too?" You raise a brow. "Hm? Oh, of course! That pure soul is one of the best workers at the Raceway! He's got such a big heart. He was personally picked by Roxy herself to be her guard because of it!" "But I heard Roxy was a bitch." You frown and she chuckles. "She is, but you'd be surprised how gentle she can be with good-hearted people. James is one of them. She's always reminding him of stuff too because he's so forgetful. I think it's pretty sweet."

  "Hm..." You think for a bit. "How could he have easily earned the respect of someone like her..?" You mumble and Cammie thinks a little too. "Well, he did help her out before too. I remember he helped decorate her room for Valentine's Day so her and Chica could have a nice date. D'awe, Chica was chirping all week about how adorable and sweet it was!" You look at Cammie, seeing how fan-girly she looked about this. 'Guess she's some kind of hopeless romantic or something...' You sigh and check the time on your phone. "Whelp, work is about to start..." You quickly finish your iced coffee and grab the trash on the table then get up and throw it out. Cammie follows along but her mind was still on the cute Valentine's Day thing. 

  As you both are walking to the exit, you stop causing her to snap out of her thoughts when she bumps into you. "Y/n?" She looks at you in confusion and you sigh. "Give me a minute..." You walk over to the cashier. Cammie watches in confusion as you buy a Boston cream doughnut. The realization hits her causing her to smirk as you walk past with a covered doughnut. "C'mon, Monty's been good recently so he gets a doughnut." "Pfft, ok." Cammie holds in her laughter as the both of you walk to the mini golf course. 

  When you both get to the elevator, you both see Kova there. Cammie awkwardly walks into the elevator without looking or even talking to him. When you try to do the same, you're stopped when he grabs your arm. "Y/n! I, uh, haven't seen much of you..." Kova nervously chuckles and you nod. "I know, I made it that way." "O-oh..." 'Dayum!' Cammie's eyes widen. 'Brutal.' Kova looks down at the doughnut then back up at you. "Didn't eat early today?" "No, it's for Monty. He's been a good gator and deserves a reward." You move Kova's hand and enter the elevator. "You two really seem to be close, huh? Even though-" "We'll talk later, I don't want to be late." You press the elevator button causing Cammie's eyes to widen and make an 'o' shape with her lips. "Damn, Y/n! You could have at least been a little nice about it!" "Tch." You roll your eyes. "I've tried to let him down nicely but some guys just can't take a hint." "Right, right..." Cammie folds her arms. "And my ex's said I was scary..." Cammie grumbles and you look at her with an annoyed looked. "I'm not scary, I'm truthful." "Pfft, yeah, sure." 

  The elevator opens and you both exit. You look around for Monty and see him with Jasmine. "Dammit.." You look at the doughnut. Now what? You really wanted to give this to him but you really hate Jasmine's guts. "Maybe I could give it to him later..." You mumble then shake your head. "No." You take a deep breath and walk downstairs towards them. 'I need to do this now while the place is empty.' You poke Monty's shoulder and he looks at you. His eyes widen a little since you haven't really talked to him in a good while. Even little talk was cut off when he made his attempts. "Here." You hand him the little box that held the doughnut inside. "You've been a good gator so you deserve it. Keep it up." You turn and leave.

  Monty stares down at the doughnut while his cheeks start to burn a little. "I..." He grins and opens the box. "I'm a damn good gator!" He excitedly looks at Jasmine who rolls her eyes in annoyance. "Ooh, my favorite!!" He takes the doughnut out and takes a bite. "Oh, can I have some~?" Jasmine leans close to him and he glares at her. "Da fuck? Get your own!" He stuffs it in his mouth as he glares at her like the greedy gator he is. "Uh-" Jasmine's eyes widen at his rude response. Guess you don't mess with him and his Boston cream doughnuts...