Chapter 13: Still friends?

Kova stares at the elevator in disbelief. "That was..." He looks away. "Oh..." Kova frowns sadly but puts on a fake smile as a family walks over. "Welcome to Monty's Gator Golf! Have a faz-errific time in there!" He waves goodbye to them as the elevator closes then his smile falls again and he looks forward. He looks at all the happy families and couples surrounding the area. 

  Now, Kova knew how bad of a flirt he was. There's definitely no denying how many time's he's gotten with someone just for a good time, but... Well, he kind of liked you. "Tch, there's plenty of girls here." Kova frowns and folds his arms. "Why waste my time on just one? It's not like I wanna settle down or something so why even think about a serious relationship? Hah, seriously! No family, more fun!" Kova rolls his eyes then notices a couple staring. The girl whispers, though pretty loudly, to her boyfriend. "He sounds a little delusional.." Then they both walk away causing Kova to frown and glare at them. "Gee, real nice compliment, Lady." He grumbles then puts on another fake smile as he welcomes another family into the mini golf area. When they're gone, his smile falls into a big frown and he fixes his glasses. "Y/n's not good enough anyway!" He says though clearly lying to himself. 

  How could you not be good enough?! You knew what you were doing in life, for goodness sake! You come to work everyday and work hard for your money, you know what you want to get and what to say to people! Nobody can get in your way because you'll just push them aside! You are so respected that even other workers who haven't met you, respect you! And you're definitely not childish and hot-headed like Cammie is... 'Ugh..' Kova covers his face with one hand as he thinks about Cammie. She's so loud and obnoxious. Especially when she's with Monty. She doesn't know what she's doing half the time in her life and she's always ready to fight. As for her job, though, she's pretty good at keeping the place safe and locked down properly if needed... Eh, talking to customers is really her only weakness here... Seriously, once someone gets that mouth going there's no telling when it'll stop.

  As the day passes by, Kova couldn't stop thinking about the way you were treating him. It's not like he deserved it. All the women he's been with he's respected and told them how it was going to be so it's not like he went around breaking hearts just for someone to walk on over and stomp all over his. "Man, what a bitch..."Kova grumbles bitterly. "Fucking stupid... Ugh!! Insulting her isn't doing anything!!" Kova angrily cleans his glasses. "Seriously, insulting a girl to make yourself feel better?! Pathetic, Kovatin! Fucking pathetic!" "Kovatin?" Kova hears an unfamiliar feminine voice behind him causing him to turn towards the elevator and put his glasses back on.

 The stranger folds her arms and frowns. "Never heard a weird ass name like that." "Call me Kova." Kova glares at her. "And have a faz-" "Save it 'cuz I'm not going anywhere. I heard you complaining about some girl? Who?" "None of your business, Miss-" "I'm Jasmine." She grabs the boy's hand and shakes it anyway. "I'm assuming you like Y/n. Yeah, she's, like very close to Monty." Jasmine lies and hides a smirk when she sees the jealousy forming in the man's eyes. "It's such a shame though... I mean... Monty's not even a human! How can they be so... Well possibly... Romantic towards each other?" Jasmine pouts. "Such shame... Y/n's feelings being wasted on some scrap of metal..." 

  Kova thinks for a minute about this. Jasmine was right. Kova shakes his head snapping himself out of his thoughts. "Look, if she wants to waste her life then so be it." He looks down in disappointment. "It's not my life..." "Oh, but it could be." Jasmine walks over to him and leans close. "Just think... If you can separate them then you can get closer to her, yeah?" "U-uh, well..." "Yeah??" Jasmine grabs the man's head and makes him nod. "See?? It's a good idea!" She lets go and smiles. "I'll be back to talk about this. You'll have your girl." Jasmine walks away as she whispers the rest to herself, "And I'll have my man."

~

   Monty quietly watches you as Cammie teaches you how to lock the place down. She's thinking about making you one of the managers here, but isn't too sure about it just yet since Monty still wants to make you his guard for Rockstar Row. Monty's been so quiet and distant from everything ever since he scared you that one day. It's like he let his true colors come out. Usually he'd pretend to be social and whatnot since it's what he's supposed to do, but deep inside he just wants to curl in a corner and hide from everything. Monty sighs and looks away. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't still upset about the friendship he broke between you and him. Not to mention he still has a pretty big crush on you. He doesn't even know if he should tell you or if you already know... "Ugh.. I have a headache..." Monty closes his eyes and tries to stop thinking about everything for a moment in hopes to get rid of the headache.

  "Hey, Monty." His eyes open when he hears a familiar sweet voice. He looks at you with a poker-face. "What?" "Hm?" You raise a brow and fold your arms. "Back to that attitude stage, huh?" "No! No! Uh..." Monty starts to panic. "Sorry, I just-" "No, I was joking." You chuckle causing him to blush a little. 'W-why is she being so nice all of a sudden?' "I know I rewarded you earlier, but I just wanted to say that I really am proud of you for the change. It's a little strange not seeing you yelling and stuff though." You sigh and look away. "I don't know where all of that energy went off to, but it's like you're a new person. I didn't mean to change you entirely, if that's what happened." "No. It's... Not.." Monty frowns and looks down while you look at him. "Then why have you been so chill recently?" "Um.." Monty nervously rubs the back of his neck. "Well.. You really wanna know the truth?" "What do you mean the truth?" You ask as your confusion worsens. 

  Monty clears his throat and finally looks at you. "Instead of going home, how about staying until the Pizza Plex closes? We have until 11:50 because it fully closes at 12. With that time, uh... We can talk.." Monty mumbles the last part but loud enough for you to hear. "Hm..." You think for a bit then nod. "I guess we could. I owe you a little time since I know we haven't talked a lot and you've been wanting to." "Thanks.." Monty smiles a little and you both leave in the elevator since Cammie still wasn't done closing up.