Chapter 5: Distraction.

2 P.M. comes quick and the three of you walk together to open up the golf area after you put the plush in a safe area for now. The walk was silent since the argument ended up with you pulling both of their ears to shut them up. Now they don't want to talk out of fear that they'll argue and you'll beat their ass this time... Almost as if the ear pulling was just a warning.

When the three of you get into the elevator, you all took your own corners. It was very awkward for them. You, on the other hand, just don't give a damn. Honestly, you're tired so why would you give a damn? The elevator opens and the three of you separate. You stay near the elevator while Monty and Cammie go downstairs to fully open the place.

When 3 gets here, the place was packed as usual. Monty was very busy with people but he seemed to be very distracted today. The customers saw it too. When he played, he'd sometimes miss even the simple courses. When he talked, he'd slowly stop and start thinking. Hell, sometimes the stuff coming from out of his mouth made no sense because he wasn't paying full attention. Most of the time his eyes were glued to the upstairs area. He'd look around as if searching for something while he talked to the customers. Finally, someone points it out. "What'cha lookin' for?" A lady suddenly questions causing Monty to look away from the upstairs area then look at her. "Oh, uh. Doesn't matter." Monty fakes a grin. "Say, why don't we play up there this time, hm?" Monty points behind him which was where the stairs were. The girl, a regular here named Jasmine, raises a brow. "Really? I thought you didn't like it up there." "Kinda in the mood for something new, ya know?" "Oh." Jasmine giggles. "I like new~" She leans closer to him and he nervously chuckles.

Normally he'd flirt with Jasmine, but today he just wasn't in the mood for it. Jasmine took notice and didn't like the odd behavior. "Come on, let's go upstairs." Monty walks up the stairs with Jasmine following behind. Once again, Monty slowly starts thinking. 'Why does Jasmine suddenly make me so uncomfortable? I dunno... Guess the thought of Y/n seeing makes me uncomfortable. What if she doesn't like that I flirt with others?' Monty shakes his head. 'Wait, hold up. Why the heck would she care?' Monty frowns and folds his arms as he stops walking since he was now fully in his head. Jasmine, along with some others, watch as his facial expressions keep changing.

'It's not like she'd get jealous or anything.' Monty looks down. 'Would... She? Pfft, nah!' Monty shakes his head again. 'Y/n never gives a damn! But... What if she does? Wait, what if this is just how I'M feeling but I'm putting it onto her and saying SHE'S acting that way? Wait...' Monty furrows his brows. 'This makes no sense, what am I talking about?' "Uh... Monty?" Monty hears Jasmine causing him to snap back to reality then look at her with wide eyes. "Yes? "What happened to golf?" She nervously chuckles and awkwardly looks around. "oh, right." Monty nods. "To the course!" He grabs her hand and starts walking until he sees you. Since the path was so thin, he took this as a perfect chance to 'accidentally' bump into you causing you to stumble and fall since he bumped you pretty hard. "Y/n!" Monty fakes a gasp. "You should be a little more careful, ok? I don't want you getting hurt or trampled on by all these people!" He helps you up. "I'm ok." You wipe dirt off your shirt then try to go back to work but he stops you.

"Are you sure?" He searches for any forming bruises on your arms and you raise a brow. "Monty, you ok?" "Huh?" Monty looks up at you then gets nervous. "Why... Why wouldn't I be, exactly?" Monty nervously chuckles. "Nah, I'm good. Great! Actually..." Monty sighs. "Come on, Jasmine. Let's go play some golf." He grabs her hand and leaves. You silently watch him since he was acting weird. "Ok then..." You shake your head and go back to work.

10 hits and the place closes. After bumping into you, Monty didn't feel right. Was he ok? No, of course not... How could he be? He's stuck here while you get to go home and live your life. He's forced to do the same thing over and over and now he's got a new fear. What if you move again? You'll never see him again if you quit. He didn't want to lose you... He... Likes you. It was a weird feeling he's never had before and honestly the word 'like' felt weird to him. It was new and scary. If 'like' was this bad to him, what about 'love'? Monty's always been a greedy, competitive man. Back when Bonnie was here, they'd argue and battle all the time. One day Monty couldn't take it anymore and their battle finally ended.... With Bonnie gone.

Monty sighs and heads to his room. After Bonnie was gone, he got so greedy he wanted to take Freddy out too. If the two most popular entertainers were gone then Monty would be loved, right? He'd have all the love and attention, but he couldn't hurt Freddy... Freddy was too sweet and loving. He could never hurt Freddy, ever.

Monty gets to his room and walks in. He looks around at the dark, filthy room then uses the switch on the wall. The lights flicker before coming on. Some of the lights keep flickering since they were badly broken. He looks at the Monty plush you had given him earlier. He threw the others off the couch and put yours up there. It was... More precious to him than the others so it deserved a special place... He sits on the couch and picks it up then stares at it. This plush... He'd kill if someone took it from him. It was just that precious to him. The thought of someone wasting their time just to make him feel better only made a smile form on his lips. He starts to cry and hug the plush tightly.

It was such a great feeling to feel cared for and you did it so well. In return, he'll be the best for you. It's not everyday he meets someone he likes after all so why not do something for you in return? Monty thinks for a bit as he wonders what he could do for you. Giving you that big plush didn't feel like enough to him so he'll have to go bigger. What do you like? What would make you smile? He'd give anything to see that rare smile of yours. Monty looks around his room then grins. "I know."

--

FazFact: Did you know that in Monty's golf area he actually has an arcade game you can play? (It's literally an achievement) And when you do, the final course shows Freddy in the trash and Monty's the leader on a stage taking his place.